Trike build TTTriker Style.

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
TTTriker

Trike build TTTriker Style.

Post by TTTriker »

Right its been so long since I started this trike build/conversion, here’s the story so far. The donor bike is a Goldwing 1500 GL 1995 USA import which I totaled in Austria in 2014 by high siding at 10 MPH on a diesel soaked roundabout. A lot of damage to the Tupperware but nothing else. I brought it home and got a bolt on kit from a company called Triwing in Canada, had it shipped over, payed a not so small fortune in tax and import duty but that’s another story.
The bike stood for a few month untouched so first I need to make sure it will start as it hasn't been ran for a while and when it did run it was only to get the bike in and out of the garage.
So battery on charge plus a spare car battery on charge as well. Won't start so I pulled the plugs turned on the electric hob (Joy, the good lady was not home) and cooked them on heat setting 6 for 20 minutes, to burn off any old oil and crud that had accumulated over the year.
Refit the plugs a drop of fuel down the carbs and whoosh she fired up, but then cut out again, but at least I know she lives.
Real name Foster
Where Shall I go today
TTTriker

Re: Trike build TTTriker Style.

Post by TTTriker »

Next job was to take off the old plastic as it was so damaged it wasn't worth keeping. most of the plastic came from eBay as new, if you can get it is just far to pricey. Its a real ugly bike without it.

Rear swing arm out pannier frames off.
Real name Foster
Where Shall I go today
TTTriker

Post by TTTriker »

How do I make the photos large?
Real name Foster
Where Shall I go today
TTTriker

Post by TTTriker »

Next thing I fitted was a 6 deg easy steer kit
New bearing fitted but when I got the old ones out I came across this, not good but by no means the worst I've seen.

I then started to fit the kit to the frame, I think I must be a bit fussy as nothing about the kit pleased me :bang: the axle doesn't sit central to the front wheel by about 2 mm, if I hadn't modified the locating bracket the frame could have twisted so that the axle would be trying to steer the trike to the side again by 2-3 mm and many other things as well but with a little thought I got round the faults
Real name Foster
Where Shall I go today
Herby01
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by Herby01 »

Looks like your not the first to have a go at that bearing! :bang: as for making the pix bigger I wouldn't worry too much, whoever clicks on them gets a blown up image :thumbsup:
:loco: :crazy: :rotfl: :b :woot: :killing me: :rant: :drink: :shemademe:
TTTriker

Post by TTTriker »

Newly re bushed and re sealed forks were next to go in,the Easy Steer kit i got came with extensions so as to keep to the front of the bike at the correct height.

Fork extensions, I had to be so so careful screwing them on as they are made of alloy one slip would have cross threaded them beyond hope.

All fitted
I modified the rear frame which incorporates the rear storage box, here after called the boot, to make the it bigger as it was tiny.

New Boot liner next to the one supplied.
Real name Foster
Where Shall I go today
TTTriker

Post by TTTriker »

A few mods were done to the 'Jelly mold' to help with fitting the original plastic back on mainly cutting out a couple of inches at the front and adding locating holed for the Battery cover

A set of lights into the rear and all is well.

Real name Foster
Where Shall I go today
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

I would be very weary of them fork extensions. In the 70s they used them to make extended forks for choppers. They would flex and snap, and them one's you have are made from alloy. You would be safer getting some longer fork tubes. :eek:
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
TTTriker

Post by TTTriker »

Deep Diver wrote:I would be very weary of them fork extensions. In the 70s they used them to make extended forks for choppers. They would flex and snap, and them one's you have are made from alloy. You would be safer getting some longer fork tubes. :eek:
No danger of these snapping as they are made of billet aluminum and about 1.5 inches long as highlighted in the photo

Real name Foster
Where Shall I go today
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

It amazes me how much wiring there is under the body work on them gold wings . Them fork extenders look good :respek: