Trike build TTTriker Style.

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
lepchaun
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: Trike build TTTriker Style.

Post by lepchaun »

HOW TO REGISTER A BOLT ON TRIKE
how i did mine
first get it weighed { as mot guy needs the weight for the mot} then to mot {after it passed mot}
u will have to send the original mot cert the weight ticket and 5 photoes of the trike 1 photo of the front 1 of the back make sure the reg is seen on the photo 1 of each side and 1 of the frame number fill in change of details on the v5 like wheel plan and a little letter to whom it may concern telling what u have done to it with a copy of reciets copy of insurance and the amount for the tax then wait for anything up to 6weeks for the paper work to come back
hope this helps
TTTriker

Post by TTTriker »

Thanks Lep is there a list of weighbridges or can I use any certified one.
Real name Foster
Where Shall I go today
terryt
Part of the Furniture

Post by terryt »

TTTriker wrote:Thanks Lep is there a list of weighbridges or can I use any certified one.
Any public or licenced scrap salvage dealer as long as its on there printout sheet.
Nice looking trike. :thumbsup:
TTTriker

Post by TTTriker »

SO I had my first ride out on the trike today. Took it to get it weighed off, OUCH 510 Kgs :bang: so looks like I'll be paying a bit extra road tax I reckon its down to the numb Canadian Ford axle that came with the kit.
It rides well though almost straight as a die without hands on the bars no wobbles no misbehaving and running at 1000 RPM at 25 MPH in 5th, is this about right do you reckon.
One thing I do need and that is new shockers, at the moment the shockers are the original ones but they are mounted quite a long way back from where they are on the solo bike, number 1 is where the shock fitted on the solo bike, 2 is where it fits now. So its got a lot more leverage and the spring is just a bit to much. In fact it feels as if its a hard tail bike.

Once thats sorted though I think it will be OK
Real name Foster
Where Shall I go today
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

mine revs at 3300 at 70mph in 5th with the OD light on never checked it at low speed and iv still got my shocks in the old spot
good news about the smoothness of it :thumbsup:
enjoy it
TTTriker

Post by TTTriker »

lepchaun wrote:mine revs at 3300 at 70mph in 5th with the OD light on never checked it at low speed and iv still got my shocks in the old spot
good news about the smoothness of it :thumbsup:
enjoy it
Just had the bike for its MOT and it passed now just the paper work.

I got mine up to 70MPH and its doing 3,000 RPM so not far off yours 'lepchaun', really sweet riding it.
Though I wasn't ready for the twitchy nature of the steering, I've never rode a trike before but the bars just want to snap back to straight ahead which isn't a bad thing I suppose.
Real name Foster
Where Shall I go today
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

3000revs at 70 is very good when u go to fill it up with fuel trip the clock and work out what its doing to the tank im getting 150/180 depending on my riding style if im on my own sticking to the speed limits and easy thrue the gears 180 a tank 2up me and the wife 150a tank and chasing the wind 125 a tank lol :hide:
for the steering i lean a little as i push and pull on the handlebars when u need a new tyre spend the extra for the avon cobra trike tyre holds the road a lot better

LEP
minimutly
Part of the Furniture

Post by minimutly »

Not knowing the size of your tank Lep, how many miles per gallon is this?
TTTriker

Post by TTTriker »

minimutly wrote:Not knowing the size of your tank Lep, how many miles per gallon is this?
I think its a Goldwing 1500 so that would be a about 5.4 Gall or 24.5 lts for the young amidst us.
Real name Foster
Where Shall I go today
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

mines a california import gw1500 about 17ltrs the most i ever got into the tank was 20quid when at its lowest