Vmax Trike

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
Herby01
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: Vmax Trike

Post by Herby01 »

minimutly wrote:I wouldn't cry over not using the C4 rear end - looks a pile of poo to me.
Cutting using an arc rod is sometimes the easiest (if not allways the tidyest) way to cut stuff, used it many times myself, usually quick and easy
I was gonna say the same, is that a freaking single leaf spring for suspension? No wonder Corvettes are tail happy and handle like wild monkeys :poke:
:loco: :crazy: :rotfl: :b :woot: :killing me: :rant: :drink: :shemademe:
Zee

Post by Zee »

I am pleased that you guys are enjoying the dissection of the corvette ...
Zee

Re: Vmax Trike .. Help in Drive line setup

Post by Zee »

Hello Guys ... I am about to weld the new mounts to the axle housing and before doing that I have a couple of questions :

- Vertical Offset (drive line angle); I can control the height of the axle and with a digital inclinometer am getting 2.7 degrees angles on both yokes after putting both flanges (transmission & axle's) parallel to each other. Do you think I will be fine with that ?

- Horizontal Offset (my main concern) ... Should I align the shaft and axle straight to the transmission or I need to have it offset by 4 degrees (as recommended in the link below ... My drive shaft is only 46cm long !

http://www.rustynutscarclub.com/driveline.htm

If I put the shaft straight I will need to to cut the axle housing from the right side to get the same width for both sides but if I offset it (see picture); no need to shorten the axel.

I will appreciate your advice in advance...

Zee
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

Some people run a lot more angle than that I wouldn't cut the Axle for that much misalignment . Just a thought have you checked which way the prop turns in relation to your axle if it's wrong it will go backwards really well :thumbsup:
Zee

Post by Zee »

Yeah ... the axle is flipped. It should run straight !!
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

How are you going to fix the axle to the swing arm
Zee

Post by Zee »

I will use bushings (from a truck)...i also made 12mm flats that will be welded on the axle to hold the swing arm...
Zee

Post by Zee »

Mounts...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
minimutly
Part of the Furniture

Post by minimutly »

12mm should be enough...
And I agree, no need to cut your axle to correct the offset.
Zee

Post by Zee »

I was told by Tom from driveline and gear to set the shaft in a straight line with the tranny... hence the axle need to be cut ... in the photo the swing is sitting equally between the tires but if put the shaft straight the right Tire will be offset ... I will send a photo.