Vmax Trike

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
minimutly
Part of the Furniture

Re: Vmax Trike

Post by minimutly »

Your front brakes will be crap. You'll need a bigger disc, it's doabl, but a bit of a fiddle.
Aztec
Applier of sticky tape

Post by Aztec »

Surely as most of the braking on a trike happens at the back wheels then a Hayabusa rear brake setup should be more than man enough for the job at the front, I'm just comparing this with the BMW K75 rear caliper on the front of mine which works very well.
Zee

Post by Zee »

Great info Aztec ... do you have a photo of your trike ?
Aztec
Applier of sticky tape

Post by Aztec »

app.php/gallery/image/95

It's not a very good picture of the front wheel when you zoom in, but it might point you in the right direction.

I'll climb into the garage and take a close up next week if you want.
Zee

Post by Zee »

Thank you so much ...
Aztec
Applier of sticky tape

Post by Aztec »

I've been out into the garage tonight and took a few photos of the front disc setup, hope these help.
IMG_20180309_184739.jpg
IMG_20180309_184724.jpg
IMG_20180309_184706.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zee

Post by Zee »

Great ... I see a brembo caliper so its got to be good.... If I will use busa 190 tire I need to sort out the axle thickness which I think will not fit on Vmax fork.

Thank you Aztec...
jinjachin
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by jinjachin »

minimutly
Part of the Furniture

Post by minimutly »

I don't know where the idea that most of the braking comes from the back? Maybe on a vw yes.
Anyway, my own 750 kawasaki (see build thread), had an R1 wheel and disc, it was useless, requiring way too much pressure on the lever. So I fitted a vn1500 front disc, and if I'm honest, another one with it wouldn't go amiss - a decent rear tyre gives excellent braking grip.
PS, I bought a new front tyre the other day, my supplier suggested it should be fitted backwards, since there is no driving load, only braking, when fitted on the front.
Aztec
Applier of sticky tape

Post by Aztec »

minimutly wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:26 pm I don't know where the idea that most of the braking comes from the back? Maybe on a vw yes.
Anyway, my own 750 kawasaki (see build thread), had an R1 wheel and disc, it was useless, requiring way too much pressure on the lever. So I fitted a vn1500 front disc, and if I'm honest, another one with it wouldn't go amiss - a decent rear tyre gives excellent braking grip.
PS, I bought a new front tyre the other day, my supplier suggested it should be fitted backwards, since there is no driving load, only braking, when fitted on the front.
Good point, yup your right most of the weight on me VW is on the back, also the front tyre is fitted backwards.