Honda NC700D Trike rebuild

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
minimutly
Part of the Furniture

Re: Honda NC700D Trike rebuild

Post by minimutly »

People, some of them supposedly clever too, assume that a big lump of an axle must be strong enough to take anything, since said axle is pretty much unbreakable in the original car/van.
The difference, and what usually breaks or bends the axle is that it would originally be mounted at the ends - many trike designs put bending load into the middle. Result - bent axle, the result of this is usually a knackered half shaft. My trike had both, so I have some experience of fixing this. If the axle and shafts are straight there will be no issue.
Fingers crossed, but as has allready been said, the job should have been done gratis...
cris_73

Post by cris_73 »

I've managed to get the garage who sold me the trike to contribute to the overall cost as at the end of the day it's not been fit for purpose. Cheers for all the advice above though 👍
Deep Diver
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by Deep Diver »

cris_73 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:56 pm I've managed to get the garage who sold me the trike to contribute to the overall cost as at the end of the day it's not been fit for purpose. Cheers for all the advice above though 👍
That's good news Chris.
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
Stix
Part of the Furniture

Post by Stix »

BB customs went out of business and started up under a new name!!! wonder why they did that!!! as already stated they did the conversion in the first place and have now been given a second chance to get it right, so their customers are paying for their R&D huh??? when I lived in Fordingbridge not too far from where they where trading as bb customs I heard a lot of negative stories about them but from older bikers that had some knowledge of bikes N trikes and things like this where fairly common along with steering geometry being all to Fook making the trikes difficult to ride, Hope when you get it back you are happy and able o use it and get out as much as you would like to.

Stix
UGLYMICK
Part of the Furniture

Post by UGLYMICK »

who are they now
Stix
Part of the Furniture

Post by Stix »

Nextgen this is what Cris 73 has put in his first post.
David Lockert

Post by David Lockert »

It's been a while since your initial post. How did things work out? Did the trike come back and was it all ok?
Andy from Sandy
Part of the Furniture

Post by Andy from Sandy »

Despite the problems I had with my build I went with IRS back end, the hubs are properly supported.

Perhaps a lesson for everyone who wants to repurpose the swing arm only to support a rigid axle.
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

David Lockert wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:44 am It's been a while since your initial post. How did things work out? Did the trike come back and was it all ok?
As he hasn't been back since his last visit - April 2018, obviously not too committed to triking!