newbie build of xvs 650 yamaha

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
gorbee01279
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: newbie build of xvs 650 yamaha

Post by gorbee01279 »

Just looked at your past threads and see they have, so next step would be to pull them & stick em on a lathe to see how straight they are, only a suggestion though, good luck.
The older i get the earlier it seems to get late.
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

been in workshop all day tried new axle no difference so remounted shortend axle found one thing when engineer machined diff housing to loose so axle tube pushed in to far so bearing sat just proud off the housing, so ground end of drive shaft and now fits flush. The left side disk only has a minimal run out while the right hand is as bad as in the video, so swapped sides and hey presto problem has swapped sides disks definitely part if not all of the trouble so new discs tomorrow then get them machined probably not until Monday so getting on withe the paintwork, the diodes my son was waiting for turned up so hazard lights now all complete.
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

Excellent news!

And, it has been great reading your progress. Thanks.
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

good news indeed but waiting until i have new disks fitted before i celebrate getting on with the paint work i hope to put up some finished pictures next week and its you guys who helped me through the rough times.
firebob22
Part of the Furniture

Post by firebob22 »

Hi Eric, glad everything's coming together & that now it's only a few niggles to sort out, although they can be the most brain frazzling ones! Looking forward to seeing the finished article & to you finally getting out on the road. Good luck mate, Bob. :thumbsup:
Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the restraints! :eek:
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

yes bob things are certainly coming together now the rides i have had have been an experience, good ones i am glad to say but as with every journey its the last steps that seam to take an age,but certainly very close now.and thanks again for your help and advice . Eric :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

as promised guys the finished for now pics i say for now as they never really are.
the journey has been a long one but lots of tea from the mrs kept me and my son going.
must thank all you guys for not only the help and advice but just the contact and helpful comments.please give your selves a pat on the back for bringing another fledgling out off the nest,and on the road. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Last edited by old git on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deep Diver
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by Deep Diver »

Looking good.
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
AngeloftheAbyss
Part of the Furniture

Post by AngeloftheAbyss »

Beautiful machine, well worth the time and effort you must stoked.
Freedom has a price, the cost is buried in the ground :nono:
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

yes guys all the effort was worth it just an hour or so in the work shop tomorrow to re check every thing is still tight spot more oil in the diff and off again for another ride,may stop long enough to clean it but at the moment taking advantage of the dry weather and getting used to the different riding style.