newbie build of xvs 650 yamaha

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
old git
Part of the Furniture

Re: newbie build of xvs 650 yamaha

Post by old git »

i should have finished the build thread with the information as to what the problem was with the rear axle, it turned out to be the hubs were distorted from the hub puller as they were practically welded on and this led to the disks being in contact with the shoes constantly which over heated them and seized the brakes on and warped the disks the result of this can be seen in the video should have dealt with this before putting it on the road but rushed to get some miles on the clock STUPID BOY!!!!! :bang: :snigger:
Deep Diver
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by Deep Diver »

old git wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:13 pm i should have finished the build thread with the information as to what the problem was with the rear axle, it turned out to be the hubs were distorted from the hub puller as they were practically welded on and this led to the disks being in contact with the shoes constantly which over heated them and seized the brakes on and warped the disks the result of this can be seen in the video should have dealt with this before putting it on the road but rushed to get some miles on the clock STUPID BOY!!!!! :bang: :snigger:
You live and learn each day. :thumbsup:
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

Trouble is after all the hard work you caint wait to get on it .I'm not looking forward to taking the hubs of the axle I've got they are always seized on have you sourced some hubs yet
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

yes jinj i purchased another axle in case it was bent shafts got it so i had any part i might need to fix it,used the hubs from that and will get an engineer to mount the other hubs in the lathe and see if they can be machined to be usable but not much hope
nicko868

Post by nicko868 »

Hi mate just finished reading through this thread definitely an inspiration in here! one question I do have, I see in your first lot of photos you have a picture of some RR square axle mounting blocks. These came in the box of bits that came with my trike project so i was going to use these to mount the rear axle. What made you decide against using them and made you go down the route of making your own?
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

a great build tread well done and a beautiful trike at the end of it :thumbsup:
NOW u can grow some hair back where u have pulled it out :hoofle: :hoofle:
:respek: LEP
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

jinjachin wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:41 am You should be proud of your self mate its really nice well done . Now you only need to build your son one
Don't let son of jinj c this comment hes only been waiting about 5 years for his :hide: :hoofle: :hoofle:
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

I'll have you know it been three years. I have a axle and I ain't afraid to use it lol
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

jinjachin wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:43 am I'll have you know it been three years. I have a axle and I ain't afraid to use it lol
lol whats a couple of years between friends
back to the main topic u have no excuse now not to come in june old git :thumbsup:
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

just seen your post lep looking forward to may talk the wife into it to,she can bring the gear down in the car so we can get some comforts [ i need them at my time of life] he he you know just the odd air matres and cooking gear