VN800 trike.

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
Lincstm

VN800 trike.

Post by Lincstm »

Hi,
I have a VN800 and I wantto trike it this winter, I plan to use a rear drive axle from West Wales Trike Shack.

I was wondering if anyone has done one, and could let me have some photos to give me ideas.

Thanks
swirl
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: VN800 trike.

Post by swirl »

I haven't done one but Mogsi makes some sweet stuff
Glennuk
Part of the Furniture

Post by Glennuk »

Which axle are you going with solid or independent?
Lincstm

Post by Lincstm »

I am not sure, but I think I will be going down the independent route. I have just come back from Stornaway on a trike with independent and the ride was lovely.
This why I am looking for ideas.
Glennuk
Part of the Furniture

Post by Glennuk »

I haven’t rode or built a independent yet but I would have thought with all the roads being what they are that’s probably best way to go that said my solid axle trikes have always handled like there on rails and the little Dragstars are that light and short there way to much fun but on rough roads you do get that slight side to side motion which is strange if your use to bikes
Lincstm

Post by Lincstm »

I have never built one either, I have built one with a solid axle and hard tailed it with two small bobber seats on springs.
I am building this because my wife can not ride far on it because it causes her back problems. I have even put the shocks back on but the independent axle does seam to bother her so much.