operation jinja wing

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
jinjachin
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: operation jinja wing

Post by jinjachin »

ive got some at work that i could have a go at but the hose guy has been in today im looking at making a dip stick set up from the drain plug hes gave me the parts and ive got a dip stick of a scrap engine if i can make it work it will be easier to check the level plus it will be a bit different and i like different but i caint do it till the engine back in but thanks for the kind offer
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

jinj is it the 1100 or the 1200 as the guy that we got the axel off has a 1200 in bits for sale £50
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

its the 1100 mate
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

ok
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

i read a thread from 2013 last night where stumpy and zakboy stripped five different b axles and they where all a axle internals so split mine today to check the condition of the internals all good news as its in good nick plus its got the b internals so ill seal it back up tomorrow strip all the brakes off and fit every thing new it wont give me trouble for years then . the bearings are good as are the seals so they will stay i had got a hub puller 3/4 made but i wont need it but i will finnish it of and put it under my bench just incase .ive also removed and cut up the swing arm
P1030562.JPG
and boy there isnt much to weld to on the drive side its going to have to have a lot of bracing plus it tight on against the rear master cylinder
P1030559.JPG
im going to build the swingarm 2" shorter than leps for looks really as i dont like the axle to stick out too far and lep has a full luggage system on his so he dosnt have that problem . this is the angle of the prop
P1030555.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

and this is where the wheels will sit
P1030556.JPG
jc im going to take the wheels to my local guy and get him to fun them up on the balancer to make sure they run straight then you can have the other two wheels for your trike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JC1
Part of the Furniture

Post by JC1 »

Magic, cheers Jinj, after putting a few more miles on it, it could definitely do with higher gearing!
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

the wheels looks just about right where u have them jinj
jc what size tyres are u running on
JC1
Part of the Furniture

Post by JC1 »

Hi Lep, i'm on 205/60/13 and a 3.23 axle =5000 revs at 50mph, a bit high. its about a 1000 revs over what it would do if it was a standard bike.
mickyv
Part of the Furniture

Post by mickyv »

Looking good Jinge, proud of ya mate