operation jinja wing

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
jinjachin
Moved in and now we can't get rid

operation jinja wing

Post by jinjachin »

finally got the wing in the garage now its a nice place to be uncle ade gave me the bike and ive decided to trike it ive only ever worked on car based trikes but have worked on bikes in the past they tend to be reliable now so it was cb900s and zx 10s. now a bit about the bikes history as i know it {which isnt a lot } a old mate of mine brought it to do up but he dos not have the skill or the money to do it so it sat under a tarp in his garden for years then as it happens i said to colleen next time i see coley im going to ask him if he would sell it as i fancied a project this was before i got into trikes and the reason i got into trikes . anyway two days later i bumped into uncle ade around the market when he tells me hes just brought coleys wing :bang: for £300 as a spares bike for hes other wing but when he got it home it was to good to brake but a none runner .so ade decided to have as a project he put a new starter /water pump /battery /clutch and got it running nice but didnt use it much as he has a few bikes then he started craving a bsa problem no room for another bike then the the bike has a starter problem {i think i know what it is } and he had enough and had a bsa . its been in my mates shed for a while now its hear i need to do a bit of reserch on swing arms ect ive got a axle that needs a full rebuild not sure on ratio till i slit it ive got 15" alloys need refurb all the steel for swing arm [ old fork lift over head guard ] . the plan so far is get it working as a bike first then do the conversion there are no bakes so thats first then jump start it with sea foam in the engine as i think the pins that the starter spins as they getgunked up if that dont work its engine out which will add a chunk of time to the build . the bike is ruff all the paint is crap frame included but the bike is solid its just all been hand painted .so here it is

P1030518.JPG
P1030516.JPG
it looks better in the photos buy the way a man once asked uncle ade why he had seven bikes hes anwser was because he couldnt get 8 in the garage . and thats how i got into trikes i brought one as colleen wanted one i didnt see the point in them to be honest and restored it ive got a lot of work to do but im in the right mind set i hope :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jinjachin

Re: operation jinja wing

Post by jinjachin »

P1030516.JPG

this one didnt load for some reason
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

Tell uncle Add to get a big shed for more bikes.
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

hi jinj good project,been thinking of finding an automatic shafty to build for me wife good luck with this build.If you want the tins painting bring them to the meet in june be happy to help. anyone know what bike might be suitable for the build of an auto bike for wify
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

I keep thinking I to come and visit West Brum, to see you, Colleen, Herbie and Sprockie.
Maybe I will wait till the weather gets better, though.
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
Herbie

Post by Herbie »

Have a good look at the removable bit of frame under the engine on the left hand side. A known rot spot. A mate of mine had to make a replacement.
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

:thumbsup: at long last son of jinj will b pleased :hide: :hoofle: :hoofle: :hoofle:
looking forward to watching its progress jinj :thumbsup:
is it twin disc on the front I cant c from this angle of the photo
Aztec
Applier of sticky tape

Post by Aztec »

Wow, I'm just looking at all that space in yer shed Jinj, I'm so jealous.
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

When I open my shed door stuff falls out. :hammer:
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
gorbee01279

Post by gorbee01279 »

Deep Diver wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:11 pm When I open my shed door stuff falls out. :hammer:
Good idea to deflate the dolls before storage :hide:
The older i get the earlier it seems to get late.