operation jinja wing

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
jinjachin
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: operation jinja wing

Post by jinjachin »

stripped down the brakes the master cylinder is beyond repair ordered new pattern on right hand caliper is beyond repair ordered second hand one jt come today its wrong so its dot to go back left caliper needs a rebuild plus new brake line as the one on it is way to long and wrapped around the bars to shorten it . its doing my head in because i want to get going but im having trouble identifing the parts there are three different calipers for my model one is a twin piston but the other two look similar but one is bigger than the other but you caint tell that on photos as i found out :bang: :bang:
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

Sounds like your having fun Jin. :hide:
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
AngeloftheAbyss
Part of the Furniture

Post by AngeloftheAbyss »

Well at least you are dry :hoofle:
Freedom has a price, the cost is buried in the ground :nono:
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

I know how you feel Jin as my first BMW was striped for rebuilding in my leaking shed for a few years and water got into the engine parts. The chrome was all shot to.

jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

Caliper turned up today wrong one going back tomorrow master looks good . I'll take the brake lines off tomorrow work out how long it's got to be then get them made up
AngeloftheAbyss
Part of the Furniture

Post by AngeloftheAbyss »

Seems to be a loooooong road with these brakes
Freedom has a price, the cost is buried in the ground :nono:
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

i think ive sussed the brake mystery i think the front end is off a 1976/78 m0del lppking of photos on ebay plus ive been talking to a guy on ebay for a seal kit and going on piston size he says the same . the bikes 38 years old so anythings possible
BigMat1971

Post by BigMat1971 »

Keep it going Jinj. A true labour of love. Looking forward to seeing it completed.
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

right been in the garage all morning trying to free the starter clutch off started by drilling a hole in the engine casing like i had read on another forum looking for three holes that go into the part that sticks no holes so sprayed a load of freeing oil in there . then took the fuel feed pipe from pump to carbs and injected fuel up it with a big syringe pressed to starter and it fired up instanly making me jump but cut out after about 30 seconds then cut out then the starter wouldnt engage again so i drilled another hole further aliong and sprayed about 150ml of neat sea foam in with the syringe it seems to be turning every press of the button ill try again tomorrow if i caint get this working the engine has got to come out and strip the back end of it .the reason it cut out was no fuel coming to the pump so took the filter off you couldnt see in it and the fuel in it was green but still no fuel from tank so had a big suck on the pipe and got a load of green fuel in my mouth wonce i had stopped heaving there was fuel coming out but it wont switch of its just got a drip but as it runs through a pump it should be ok and not flood the carbs . the plugs ate knackered so ill get some plugs tomorrow and bring the filter back and have another go . the caliper problem hopefully has been sorted theres one one the way the seal kit i need is out of stock ive messaged the to see when they will be in stock :grouphug:
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

You did well getting it running Jin