Turbine powered trike

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
jet toy maker

Re: Turbine powered trike

Post by jet toy maker »

AngeloftheAbyss wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:54 pm Ah yes Tasmania,,, what's that saying? 2 heads are better than one but not on the same body :thumbsup: :hoofle:
:) :)
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

:thumbsup: Looking good fella you seem to have sorted out that cracked tube how was that was it a pain or strait forward,you will soon be bolting all that lovely stuff together. :thumbsup:
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

old git wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:02 am :thumbsup: Looking good fella you seem to have sorted out that cracked tube how was that was it a pain or strait forward,you will soon be bolting all that lovely stuff together. :thumbsup:
Thanks mate :) Have not done anything to the tube, will just weld it up when i strip everything off the frame as the crack is not cracked right through the tube and there is no movement in the frame all good :)
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

Got some work done on the steel structure on the rear end of the frame, gave it some paint and welded in more Steel gussets.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

Got some V clamps looks like i may have to pull the bigger clamp apart and cut it to size. The one that is closest to the size was ~25 mm short if i use this clamp i think it may leak.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

Got a 16 mm thick plate to machine up the two v band flanges and got a scrap piece of ss tube will have a go at making a concentric reducer out of the tube.
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

Or you could just cut a chunk out of the Vee band and TIG the ends back together with a strap reinforcer? Vee band clamps usually don't seal anything, they just ensure the parts being joined are tightly held together - usually machined face to machined face.
AngeloftheAbyss
Part of the Furniture

Post by AngeloftheAbyss »

Are you getting much done, with the self isolating thing going on
Freedom has a price, the cost is buried in the ground :nono:
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

Kawazuki wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:52 am Or you could just cut a chunk out of the Vee band and TIG the ends back together with a strap reinforcer? Vee band clamps usually don't seal anything, they just ensure the parts being joined are tightly held together - usually machined face to machined face.
Yeah that might work, i have a couple of these clamps so if i stuff one up can try again with a different approach.
jet toy maker

Post by jet toy maker »

AngeloftheAbyss wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:02 am Are you getting much done, with the self isolating thing going on
Yeah have been doing a lot of house projects as well with the trike project. I have plenty to do and really it's not self isolating we still can go shop for food and get fuel, get to medical appointments ect, ect you just don't walk around window shopping just get what you need and go home. As i work in the health industry i can shop on Tues and Thurs from 7 am to 8 am before everyone else and same thing with my local hardware store, it's good as not many people around and when you do 10 hour shifts you don't get the time to shop or you are too tired to shop.