Winter project

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
firebob22
Part of the Furniture

Re: Winter project

Post by firebob22 »

Hi all, finally got the arse end off of the divvy & cut up the swingarm to take the diff & axle. I've put a six inch stretch into the swingarm & it will be lowered by two inches using new dog bone linkages. The photo shows the shortened axle tube sleeved, drilled & clamped ready for welding. As the weather's crap at the mo & i'm building this one under a car port, i don't want to shift the other trikes out of the garage to set up my welding gear, just waiting for a better day.
Monday will see the half shaft getting shortened by a local marine engineering firm, they did the last one & made a great job of it. Take it easy all. Bob. :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the restraints! :eek:
Davey the punk
Part of the Furniture

Post by Davey the punk »

:thumbsup: nice one
Born a rocker die a rocker :triker:
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

:thumbsup:
looking good bob glad to help withe the axle after all the help you gave me' and many thanks to all who gave me advice
firebob22
Part of the Furniture

Post by firebob22 »

Thanks for sorting the axle for me mate, just dropped off the halfshaft to be shortened & so now i'll get on with re-fabbing the swingarm, i can use the empty axle casing to get everything in line until the parts are back in about two weeks.
No problem with answering any questions if i can, i've asked enough! All the best, Bob. :thumbsup:
firebob22
Part of the Furniture

Post by firebob22 »

Hi all, just finished re-doing the swingarm with all its new bracketry, bracing & axle mounts. Thankfully the weather's not been too bad so cracked on a pace. Waiting for the halfshaft & brake drums to come back from the engineers & then it'll be a dry build before paint etc. I expect there'll be extra brackets needed as usual but hopefully all should be well!
Take it easy. Bob. :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
firebob22
Part of the Furniture

Post by firebob22 »

Another quick pic.
Davey the punk
Part of the Furniture

Post by Davey the punk »

Nice job :thumbsup:
Born a rocker die a rocker :triker:
firebob22
Part of the Furniture

Post by firebob22 »

Finally got the shaft back after having it shortened & new bearings fitted to both as well as getting the brake drums skimmed. Been busy fitting the reworked swingarm with new bearings, & the new suspension & lowering kit. Just a case now of putting the axle & diff in for the dry build, it'll have to come out again to have various mounts & tabs fitted once i know what's needed & where it all needs to go. I'll post some more pics when it's on its wheels, just dodging the weather at the mo. Take care all. :thumbsup: Bob.
Deep Diver
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by Deep Diver »

Looking good Bob
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
firebob22
Part of the Furniture

Post by firebob22 »

Hurrah!! Got the ol' girl on her wheels this morning cos the sun was out. No dramas & everything lines up nicely, now to the thousand & one other jobs that need to be done. The lowering kit has worked nicely & for those people that aren't blessed with Peter Crouch's legs, will find it much easier to get on & off. Next thing is the diff brace to stop it twisting forward & then mudguard mounts & so on & so on! Keep smiling! Bob. :beer: