Honda CX500 build

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
Barneyb

Re: Honda CX500 build

Post by Barneyb »

Great job steph, you certainly have sprinkled some fairy dust on tinkerbell, inspiring.
SteamGirl

Post by SteamGirl »

Barneyb wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:18 am Great job steph, you certainly have sprinkled some fairy dust on tinkerbell, inspiring.
Thanks Barney 😊
Overcoming little hurdles everyday :handlebars:
Davey the punk
Part of the Furniture

Post by Davey the punk »

Nice shocks looking good 👍
Born a rocker die a rocker :triker:
SteamGirl

Post by SteamGirl »

lol you beat me to it again Davey, was just about to do a post :niceone:

Well arrrrrftanoon everyone, hope you’re all ok. It’s been a while since my last post. Apart from fabricating up some brackets for the pillion footrests I’ve been waiting for my brother to come back up north with some goodies. Believe it or not, I found a pair of wheelchair footrests that fit the bill, I think they look ok and I can fold them up too when not in use.

My brother came up Thursday and he had a spare pair of Harley Roadking rear shocks that are adjustable air over oil and as it turns out are exactly 325mm eye to eye which is the same as standard CX500 shocks, which is handy coz that’s what I fabricated the swingarm and mounts with :thumbsup: It didn’t take long to machine up some bushes and get them fitted. Wow what a difference, really comfy, great travel and ride height and try as hard as I can I can’t get the panniers to bottom out on the axle.

He also brought up a set of 17” Vauxhall 5 spoke Penta alloys. They look a really good match with the front 5 spoke wheel, really happy !!

I’ve ordered a pair of rear mudguards from trike mudguards for you and I’ve also made a good start on the support brackets for them too. Then once they get here I can finish off the fixing brackets and I believe all the fab work is finally done. It’s then strip down time and start painting :hide: I’m going to have to build an extension on the workshop first though :o

Anyhoo, here’s the link to the photo album so you can catch up on all the pics:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eNGEsYdr4VvmjXiJ6

Hope you’re all set and ready for the better weather coming and lots of ride outs. I can’t wait to get out there too !

Take care, Steph :grouphug:
Davey the punk
Part of the Furniture

Post by Davey the punk »

Looking really good steph :thumbsup:
SteamGirl

Post by SteamGirl »

Thanks Davey :niceone:

Got the wheel arches pretty much all done now, just a bit of filling and smoothing required then job done !

Need to start planning the extension to the workshop next and get it built, got another trike project on the way already :eek: here’s a wee taster

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tbhnrnHgUdRBVU3L9

Take care, Steph
Davey the punk
Part of the Furniture

Post by Davey the punk »

Will make a cracking trike looking forward to watching the build 👍