xv 1100 bolton project

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
zakboy
Moved in and now we can't get rid

xv 1100 bolton project

Post by zakboy »

Hi all, just thought i would show how i did my most recent project the xv 1100 this was a backgarden shed project with just a few basic tools,not every ones cupa tea bolton's but i do prefer them and they can be done correctly, the project was started with a us imported xv1100 clean with 26000 on the clock

[ATTACH]6947[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zakboy

Post by zakboy »

Started by stirping down a reliant A stamped axle 3,23/1 ratio,gave it a good clean out checked for wear, and removed all brackets from the outer axle tubes.

[ATTACH]6949[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zakboy

Post by zakboy »

Then rebuilt

[ATTACH]6950[/ATTACH]
zakboy

Post by zakboy »

Next job was to get the bike into the shed and remove every thing i was not going to use.

[ATTACH]6951[/ATTACH]
zakboy

Post by zakboy »

I then needed to make up to bushes to screw in to the swingarm pivot points on the bike frame to protect the thread in case i wanted to return this to a bike at any point.

[ATTACH]6952[/ATTACH]
zakboy

Post by zakboy »

Then screwed one into each swingarm pivot point on the frame.

[ATTACH]6953[/ATTACH]
zakboy

Post by zakboy »

I had already decided that i was not going to use the bikes orignal swingarm in the project and would be making my own swingarm from scratch so cut out and put the bends in my tube witch was 34mm o/s/d with a 3.2 wall to make up the first part of the new swingarm.

[ATTACH]6954[/ATTACH]
zakboy

Post by zakboy »

Next the tubes were placed out to form to halves of the swingarm.

[ATTACH]6955[/ATTACH]
zakboy

Post by zakboy »

I then made up a bit of a jig to stop the tube rolling around why the two halves were tack welded together and the rear brace was fitted.

[ATTACH]6957[/ATTACH]
zakboy

Post by zakboy »

A few more parts were added to near compleat the swingarm but not the front brace at this point.

[ATTACH]6958[/ATTACH]