1300 cross flow drag/chopper trike

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
Molehusband

Re: 1300 cross flow drag/chopper trike

Post by Molehusband »

That is looking better. Evolve and mutate.
adamparrott

Post by adamparrott »

So, Been a while, been a busy boy working and on holiday and tried to put in as many free hours as i could on this. its been very slow progress but getting there, next job soritng out some kinda ladder bar system for the axle and getting a pair of rear fenders. this looks so more evil once off the work bench.

brought another auto gear box for this thats come stright out of a runner so dont need to mess around finding or buying
so the plan is working from the back to the front. still looking for a disc convirsion and some sexy wheels.
parts.
IMG_3290.JPG
IMG_3281.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jinjachin
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by jinjachin »

That's coming together nicely . I worked from back to front makes it easier to keep track of what needs doing next it easy lo get lost when you're doing things all over the trike
Herby01

Post by Herby01 »

That tank looks huge for a drag trike! After all you only need enough fuel to get you from the pits, down the 1/4 mile and back to the pits :hide: but one things for sure, at that length you won't need wheelie bars :thumbsup:
:loco: :crazy: :rotfl: :b :woot: :killing me: :rant: :drink: :shemademe:
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

You won't need a wheely bar but if it's the drag look your going for it will need them
adamparrott

Post by adamparrott »

You say wheelie bar :hide:
DSCF2148.JPG
DSCF2147.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Herby01

Post by Herby01 »

Lmfao! Famous last words! :hoofle: :hoofle: :hoofle:
They look the beez neez :thumbsup:
:loco: :crazy: :rotfl: :b :woot: :killing me: :rant: :drink: :shemademe:
adamparrott

Post by adamparrott »

Now as iv been working on the rear end, iv been thinking is it worth converting the rear breaks to discs or leaving them as drums but renewing it all.
whats peoples ideas? :eek:
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

adamparrott wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:20 pm Now as iv been working on the rear end, iv been thinking is it worth converting the rear breaks to discs or leaving them as drums but renewing it all.
whats peoples ideas? :eek:
Depends on how much weight will be over the rear end when you need them - super powerful discs that lock due to insufficient weight ain't doing much stopping! Looks like the majority of mass - engine / g.box / pilot will be center middle so good drums @ back and good discs @ front should stop well!
This is taking its time isn't it LOL!
adamparrott

Post by adamparrott »

its going to have a massive fuel tank at the back, so will always be full, i was going to keep drum breaks on the back but renew drums pads the lot, it will have double discs on the front so i'm thinking it should be more than enough to stop the 1300 xflow. as well as a parachute :bang:

i'm in no rush to finish this project but wanting it done as soon as possible would be lovely, as well as a bottomless piggy bank.