1300 cross flow drag/chopper trike

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
Doc.
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by Doc. »

Another option for the triangulation would be to have a removable section, have the rearmost strut as a bolt-in item for example.
The position of the Axle looks good as it is, having the bends made as removable sections would be my first choice.
They'll add little to the overall strength/rigidity of the set-up as they are, given that the clamps themselves are so 'beefy'.

What are you thinking for seats and their mountings?
You may be able to tie that in with the general strengthening you're after.
adamparrott

Re: 1300 cross flow drag/chopper trike

Post by adamparrott »

Doc. wrote:Another option for the triangulation would be to have a removable section, have the rearmost strut as a bolt-in item for example.
The position of the Axle looks good as it is, having the bends made as removable sections would be my first choice.
They'll add little to the overall strength/rigidity of the set-up as they are, given that the clamps themselves are so 'beefy'.

What are you thinking for seats and their mountings?
You may be able to tie that in with the general strengthening you're after.
good pointer liking it, seat wise i'm going to have a single seat just for me :snigger: i can kinda see where you are coming from, but still can't get to terms of cutting the rear bends as in of how i would do from a fabricator side of things :respek:
Doc.

Post by Doc. »

What I'm thinking is this; Weld a 1/2" x 1/8" strip of steel between each bend and the removable rear section of the Clamp Blocks.
Next, using a thin cutting disc in an Angle-Grinder, cut through the bend sections top and bottom, as close to the clamp blocks as possible, then remove the Clamp Blocks (with the strips and bends now permanently attached).
Make eight steel discs just slightly smaller than the Tube diameter, and weld them to the Tubes ends (or use penny washers).
Clean up the welds.

Do it neatly/acurately enough and it shouldn't be noticeable, not without looking really closely.
adamparrott

Post by adamparrott »

Got the trike on the floor, now I can see what it looks like grounded.
Still :soap: loads to do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adamparrott

Post by adamparrott »

Another
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mad B0B

Post by Mad B0B »

That's looking right nice is that :thumbsup:
V8trikemids
Part of the Furniture

Post by V8trikemids »

Only an opinion here, could do with being a foot shorter. Cut that prop down to about 6" overall!! :-)
sprocky

Post by sprocky »

In agrement with v8t adam could do with being shorter how long is it :respek:
adamparrott

Post by adamparrott »

It's just over 3m overall, the propshaft is quite long but, if I had the axle more towards the engine, the trike didn't look to proportion in my eyes. But I'm like it the way it is. I know where you are coming from its f##king long.
sprocky

Post by sprocky »

Adam are those the bars yum using ? Looks like your be leaning forward is it your preferd rideing poison me I like to sit back :respek: