1300 cross flow drag/chopper trike

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Re: 1300 cross flow drag/chopper trike

Post by 1130cc »

Bloody hell! Over 2 years since your last post in this thread.
Welcome back :)
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
adamparrott

Post by adamparrott »

1130cc wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:32 pm Bloody hell! Over 2 years since your last post in this thread.
Welcome back :)
I, But iv been watching over you all like a fly on the wall. just been keeping quite not done much lately as work commitments. been buying bits & bobs for the project but not had the grinder out also looking for a better but small gas mig welder. could really do with a bigger garage having to keep turing the trike round every few months for different views making sure i'm happy with what iv done so far mocking up bits of where things will go.
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

Having been around competition drag racing for more than a few years - if you are serious, you'll not have more than a gallon of gas on board and unless you are dipping into the 7 sec and below bracket don't put a 'shute on it - you'll look a dick - "all the gear and no idea"
adamparrott

Post by adamparrott »

Thinking of selling this project any thoughts ?? :hide:
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

hi adam what sort o price are you looking for could build an auto for the witch. and what part of the country are you in.
adamparrott

Post by adamparrott »

I’m in Essex Romford. Not sure what it’s worth to be fair. Iv got 2 1300 crossflow engine 3 auto box’s various of other bits for the engines.
Chopper303

Post by Chopper303 »

I like the idea of what you are doing, Just not sure what your intentions are. Are you actually going to drag it down the strip at Santa Pod or are you looking to race it locally? Or are you just looking to build the trike in drag race style but use it on the road?

Don't suppose you have the drive/gear selector off one of those gearboxes do you? (The lever inside the car that you use to select drive/reverse/park). I need the complete thing. Would be happy to buy it off you if you have.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do with the trike. Have to say it would be a shame to sell it now after you have got this far.

Chopper
adamparrott

Post by adamparrott »

i just wrote a massive post and lots the lot so will re write it later. chopper yes i have a shifter but might not have cables or the rods.

if anyone is really interested im thinking for the lot including engines and boxes £2000-£2500