Over 40...Read on.

Brand new and Improved version of Swamp.....Still no cleaning up, even more blokes talking complete b***ocks and definitely NO wimmin...not even as visitors
VmaxRik
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Over 40...Read on.

Post by VmaxRik »

Nicked this of a facebook mate............

If you are 40 or older you will think this is hilarious!!!!

When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious shite about how hard things were. When they were growing up; what with walking Twenty-five miles to school every morning.... Uphill... barefoot... BOTH ways Yadda, yadda, yadda

And I remember promising myself that when I grew up, there was no way in hell I was going to lay a bunch of sh!t like that on my kids about how hard I had it and how easy they've got it!

But now that... I'm over the ripe old age of forty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today.

You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a procreating UTOPIA!
And I hate to say it, but you kids today, you don't know how good you've got it!

I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have The Internet. If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the bloody library and look it up ourselves, in the card catalogue!!

There was no email!! We had to actually write somebody a letter - with a pen!
Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox and it would take, like, a week to get there!
Stamps were 5 pence!

Child Protective Services didn't care if our parents beat us. As a matter of fact, the parents of all my friends also had permission to kick the sh!t out of us! Nowhere was safe!

There were no MP3' s or Napsters! If you wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the record store and shoplift it yourself!
Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the DJ would usually talk over the beginning and procreate it all up! There were no CD players! We had tape decks in our car. We'd play our favorite tape and "eject" it when finished and the tape would come undone. Cause - that's how we rolled, dig?

We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone and somebody else called they got a busy signal, that's it!

And we didn't have fancy Caller ID either!
When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your mum, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, a collections agent, you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!

We didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games like 'Space Invaders' and 'Asteroids'. Your guy was a little square! You actually had to use your imagination!! And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen... forever!
And you could never win.
The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!

You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was on! You were screwed when it came to channel surfing! You had to get off your ass and walk over to the TV to change the channel!
NO REMOTES!!!

There was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning. Do you hear what I'm saying!?! We had to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons, you SPOILED LITTLE RAT BASTARDS!!

And we didn't have microwaves, if we wanted to heat something up we had to use the cooker! Imagine that!

That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today have got it too easy. You're spoiled. You little arseholes wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in 1970 or before!

Regards,
Grumpy Gang

This nation wasn't given to our forefathers, it was wrought over a 1000 years of bloody war and the efforts of those who came before.
Let it not be us who bears the sin, of giving it away to the enemy within.

:guns: :guns: :guns: :biker:
BigMat1971

Post by BigMat1971 »

Too true it's frightening!! ;D)
You only live once. But if you do it right, once is enough. Do it big, or not at all.
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

U had it easy rik our telly no programs till 6pm and that was the news then adverts every ten minutes whitch we taught were films as they lasted so long as for changing channels we dident have a remote as we only had 1 channel RTE1as for telephones it was the public phone about 2miles away and for heating things up u went out in the farmers field and nicked a tree and cut it up into blocks of wood lit the fire with it and put a pan on it and as for a bath it was a tin bath in the living room in front of the fire and u all shared the hot water in the bath so i was the 4th on the list as i had 2brothers and 1 sister older than me and the toilet was outside in the yard i was 6 when we moved to a council house with a bathroom in it so as i say u had it easy my friend u looky ferkers LOL

THE LEP
Doc.

Post by Doc. »

Reminds me of one of my favourite Python sketches...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAtSw3daGoo
VmaxRik wrote: . . . We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone and somebody else called they got a busy signal, that's it! . . .
Well of course, we had it tough!

Remember 'party lines'?
No, not streaks of white powder on a mirror, it's when there were three, four or more of your neighbors on the same phone line as you, 'cos the analogue exchanges couldn't handle them all separately.
As kids, it was great fun, you could listen-in on others, or you could dial your own number and hang-up, which made all the other phones on the line ring :naughty:
Things that there's just no excuse for fitting on a Trike;
'Dodgy' registration,
Telescopic Forks.
Bike Tyres on the rear.
Car seats
Anything in the shape of a knuckle-duster,
Maltese Cross, flame, chain or Skull.
Alloy tread/chequer plate.
Aztec
Applier of sticky tape

Post by Aztec »

Eeee Reminiscing not what it used to be.
Outside in the cold distance, A wildcat did growl. Two riders were approaching, and The wind began to howl.

:rock on::triker:
grumpygramps-2007

Post by grumpygramps-2007 »

ahh the good old days.2 channels on the telly, pot black in black & white. watching the black & white minsterial show with me mum & listening to sing some-thing simple on the radio on a sunday. BORING.so glad the kids have what they do now, its called progress but yes i,am turning in to my dad. telly,s crap & the music on the radio is just noise. sound familar.:respek:
Doc.

Post by Doc. »

grumpygramps-2007 wrote: . . . so glad the kids have what they do now . . .
Don't you think most of them have too much though?
So few kids are willing to get out and get their hands dirty now.
How many of the guys on here wouldn't have got into Bikes/Trikes if they'd had the same access to PCs/Consoles/Internet in their teens?

Things that there's just no excuse for fitting on a Trike;
'Dodgy' registration,
Telescopic Forks.
Bike Tyres on the rear.
Car seats
Anything in the shape of a knuckle-duster,
Maltese Cross, flame, chain or Skull.
Alloy tread/chequer plate.
Willgofar

Post by Willgofar »

ah the good old day's. I still have my ball of string I got Christmas 67.
ps have you ever tried flying a brown paper kite in the rain. lol
Help Me i'm being held hostage. bring reinforcements.
janor kev
Part of the Furniture

Post by janor kev »

OH SO TRUE ,,but good old days :thumbsup:
NUTJOB

Post by NUTJOB »

Rod & reel from Woolies & a baccy tin full of worms, a whole days entertainment & not a battery in sight...
I have enough money to last me the rest of my life.
(unless I buy something) :loco: