What do you want the forum to become...

Brand new and Improved version of Swamp.....Still no cleaning up, even more blokes talking complete b***ocks and definitely NO wimmin...not even as visitors
Doc.
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by Doc. »

It's going smoothly Rik, I think, because the Forum is just about right as it is :respek:

Nothing I can think of would improve it, it is what it is and it works fine, I wouldn't mess with it.

Some forums have that 'Chat-Bar' thing, I've never felt the need to use one myself, but they seem to be popular.

As for the events/socials/rallies/runs notifications/listings, there's already a section on here for those.
Maybe a Calendar style layout would be an idea, if it's do-able.
You'd open up the events section and there'd be a calendar graphic, like a wall-planner chart, month to a view type thing, if you get me?

Events would show as a high-lighted box on the date in question, which when clicked on would open up a box/window/tab with all the details on.
Maybe it could have an option to add your name if you were attending?

Just a thought . . .
Things that there's just no excuse for fitting on a Trike;
'Dodgy' registration,
Telescopic Forks.
Bike Tyres on the rear.
Car seats
Anything in the shape of a knuckle-duster,
Maltese Cross, flame, chain or Skull.
Alloy tread/chequer plate.
VmaxRik

Post by VmaxRik »

Calender's already there Doc....on the top forum bar. ;)

calendar.php

So if you have any event's you can stick them on it so everyone else knows what's occuring. :)

This nation wasn't given to our forefathers, it was wrought over a 1000 years of bloody war and the efforts of those who came before.
Let it not be us who bears the sin, of giving it away to the enemy within.

:guns: :guns: :guns: :biker:
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

Face book is the devil I'm happy with the way it is
sprocky

Post by sprocky »

jinjachin wrote:Face book is the devil I'm happy with the way it is
:respek:

:niceone:jin:like::like:
:triker::triker: b free on three :triker:
Willgofar

Post by Willgofar »

why sort what aint broke! .......... in that I mean whatever the forum looks like, checker plate, or a purple background. it doesn't matter as long as the members keep adding tips, helping folks with technical stuff, arranging meets, and all the rest of the things that happen in here just now. keep up the good work everyone.
Help Me i'm being held hostage. bring reinforcements.
sprocky

Post by sprocky »

Willgofar wrote:why sort what aint broke! .......... in that I mean whatever the forum looks like, checker plate, or a purple background. it doesn't matter as long as the members keep adding tips, helping folks with technical stuff, arranging meets, and all the rest of the things that happen in here just now. keep up the good work everyone.
:niceone:will well said :like::respek:
:triker::triker: b free on three :triker:
Skidmark
Part of the Furniture

Post by Skidmark »

I enjoy the site the way it is, ok some say Facebook is better but like Tesco its getting too big for its boots and is more like big daddy is watching you, you cant fix what ain't broke only give it a polish once and a while,
VmaxRik

Post by VmaxRik »

Appreciate all your positive comments....but there honestly is something amiss, or why would members be flocking to other trike sites ???

Too dry, too dusty, too full of just trike stuff....not enough boing boing boing yeeeeehaaaaaaaaa laughing/joking/piss taking....

Just thinking out loud here....if the forum was full of joking and piss taking, wouldn't that put off the members who want to do the more serious stuff, like building/repairing/gaining knowledge on all things trike.

Then on the other hand, if the place was purely dry facts oriented, that'd put off the ones who want to have the craic and piss about.

The forum can't be all things to all members. What we do do, is try to find some sort of middle ground were we can please most of the members, most of the time....There in lies the conundrum.

Keeping this open for as long as it takes, so if you have any thoughts, please keep firing them this way.

Ta....Rik. :respek:

This nation wasn't given to our forefathers, it was wrought over a 1000 years of bloody war and the efforts of those who came before.
Let it not be us who bears the sin, of giving it away to the enemy within.

:guns: :guns: :guns: :biker:
Pootz

Post by Pootz »

I don't post much but pop on at least once a day to read new posts and I have to say its one of the friendliest forums ive been on
Its well laid out and easy to access so as above (somewhere) why fix what ain't broken