What do you want the forum to become...

Brand new and Improved version of Swamp.....Still no cleaning up, even more blokes talking complete b***ocks and definitely NO wimmin...not even as visitors
VmaxRik
Moved in and now we can't get rid

What do you want the forum to become...

Post by VmaxRik »

I've stuck this down here in the swamp in case it turns into a shitstorm.

So here's your chance to tell me/us which if any direction you want the forum to go.....We have a new owner and a new admin, so now's your chance to get this place sorted out once and for all.

This isn't my forum...it was left for me to deal with. It's yours.

So fill yer boots, swear away at whatever bugs you about this place (try not to shoot anyone though)

Cos we're supposed to be "grown ups".....it's an open floor. (and I'm off out for the night....)

This nation wasn't given to our forefathers, it was wrought over a 1000 years of bloody war and the efforts of those who came before.
Let it not be us who bears the sin, of giving it away to the enemy within.

:guns: :guns: :guns: :biker:
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

Things are a bit in the air at the moment, as I want to upgrade the forum software.
At the moment we can not get the account details for the current software (vBulletin), so will have to buy a new licence.

I am looking at migrating to a free forum.
You can take a sneak peak at http://www.trikedoctor.co.uk/phpBB3
It is a snapshot of the forum a couple of days ago.
IT IS IN DEVELOPMENT!!. so have a play, but it will change and it may go away.
Currently it is a standard install, without any changes. I am just testing the migration, rather than what it looks like.
There are a couple of small issues with the conversion, but all the content seems to be there.
I am just looking at options.

On top of that, I am awaiting the TrikeDoctor main website to go live, so I can make the forum match the style.

So you can see that everything is a bit up in the air.
As Rik says, now is the time to shout up about what you want.
Things are going to change, so get your say in now :)

One thing I want to add is chat functionality, so you can have realtime conversations with whoever is online, drink and talk b@ll@x :)

Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
Markju
Part of the Furniture

Post by Markju »

Personally I don't post a great deal, a few questions, some dodgy jokes purloined from other forums.
But I do read a great deal of what others post. Don't always sign in but I'm looking in at least once a day, quite often more.
I'm happy with the forum as it is. Compared to others, and I do go on quite a few ( although I post more on this forum than the others), I find it easy to use and get around on.
As another plus point, nobody here suffers from the old " I'm better than you" syndrome often found elsewhere. There's no bullshit. Just a shared purpose I suppose you'd call it.
Markju
Part of the Furniture

Post by Markju »

Having said all that, just looked at the other site you've been trying out and that looks like a winner as well.
ravnali
Part of the Furniture
Location: Linton-on-Ouse North Yorkshire, right in't Vale of York sithee!

Ideas?

Post by ravnali »

I like the current format and content of the forum at the moment, my only suggestion would be when advertising any social get togethers (rallies/runs etc) then perhaps then perhaps FB might be a better engine for that?
Al, aka Daft Vader
:crazy::swars::crazy:

And...if a first you don't suceed....hit it with a bigger hammer!
ratwing
Part of the Furniture

Post by ratwing »

ravnali wrote:I like the current format and content of the forum at the moment, my only suggestion would be when advertising any social get togethers (rallies/runs etc) then perhaps then perhaps FB might be a better engine for that?
Agree with the first bit, I think the forum is ok too.
However, don't take offence but only putting events & dates on facebook is the worst idea on the planet - it'll end up with bad feelings and a "them & us" situation with those not on facebook not turning up because they won't know.
sprocky

Post by sprocky »

Markju wrote:Personally I don't post a great deal, a few questions, some dodgy jokes purloined from other forums.
But I do read a great deal of what others post. Don't always sign in but I'm looking in at least once a day, quite often more.
I'm happy with the forum as it is. Compared to others, and I do go on quite a few ( although I post more on this forum than the others), I find it easy to use and get around on.
As another plus point, nobody here suffers from the old " I'm better than you" syndrome often found elsewhere. There's no bullshit. Just a shared purpose I suppose you'd call it.
BIG BIG:respek::respek:sound words bro
:triker::triker: b free on three :triker:
sprocky

Post by sprocky »

:respek:Sean we have the best triker forum in the would as said before you get repect weather a novice or someone that has bin there don that made a mistake and posted it on so so you don't make the same mistake .we could have a morning thread a good night thread no point in my a pinon thats wy people join us at ukt for no bulls.....t answers to the questions they ask without feeling they are guna av the weeeeee took and as more learn and are on line the guicker a problem can be solved me ukt is no 1 hand on hart don't want this forum to go down the root off fb stand fast and stay as we are friendly and helpful to one another :respek::respek::respek:
:triker::triker: b free on three :triker:
V8trikemids
Part of the Furniture

Post by V8trikemids »

Hmm, forums wax and wane, posters come and go, a few weeks ago someone posted how busy and lively this one was, that was a kiss of death, cos its been quiet ever since. Lol. Its a strange, but natural rhythm, look at the prolific posters from a year ago, 6 months ago, one month ago?? I'm sure most people lurk and read regularly, I do, I must get my a in g and continue my build thread, which brings me to my only gripe, can it be organised that pics are easier to add? It was a pain using fotofukit, the attach method works, but it still aain't as easy as adding pics to faceache.
VmaxRik

Post by VmaxRik »

Well this is all going a bit too smoothly. ;)

Come on, if there's something you think will improve the forum PLEASE put it on here....nothing can stand still, we all know that, but we need your input to take this place forward. :respek:

Posting piccies more easily on the forum is a good point.

This nation wasn't given to our forefathers, it was wrought over a 1000 years of bloody war and the efforts of those who came before.
Let it not be us who bears the sin, of giving it away to the enemy within.

:guns: :guns: :guns: :biker: