MOT Checklist?

This is a list of MOT Stations Members have used.We take no responsibility for the accuracy of the information.If you wish to add your MOT Station please do
Dude

MOT Checklist?

Post by Dude »

Does anybody have a checklist or what is required, or rather, what the MOT tester will check, for a class 3 MOT? My MOT is due in March and I just wanted to see what is going to be checked so that I can use the next month or tow rectifying any problems if there are any?

Many thanks in advance for any help.
Willgofar
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by Willgofar »

Hi Dude.your mot tester will check everything lights, horn, tyres, brakes, steering bearings, fork seals, etc etc. why not book it in for an MOT one month before its due( no earlier). if it passes, you will get a 13 month mot. if it fails, you have a month to sort it. thats what i do for my trike and car. i check all the obvious things ive mentioned above, but i do that at least once a month, or before i go on a long trip anyway.
Help Me i'm being held hostage. bring reinforcements.
Dude

Post by Dude »

Excellent, thanks very much. Will check those things.. Didn't realise I could present the vehicle a month early and then have a month to rectify if it fails, that makes life easier! Cheers!
TrikerBo
Part of the Furniture

Post by TrikerBo »

Thats what I do, if I present an MOT cert no one is going to check the database but in reality if it's failed an MOT then it's no longer roadworthy and the old one doesn't count anymore only your fail cert.
Even worse case scenario and you get caught which I've never come across it's only a small fine
geoffnewblue

Post by geoffnewblue »

As you said TrikerBo if it fails a month early then the MOT is then void in the old days before the Police computers this was fine as you just show your one in force but now all MOT's are longed on to the Police data base so the ANPR will flag your motor as no MOT while a small fine still a pain in the ass as they get enough of our hard earned dosh. The way to do it is have a Pre-MOT check they will charge you of course it's half the mot cost for this the check will be it as if it was an MOT the only difference is it's not logged on the computer so if it fails it's then not a problem
Willgofar

Post by Willgofar »

good info TrikerBo and Geoff. ignorance was bliss. car failed last week. didn't know it was illegal, so ran it till i got it sorted and re-moted today. wasnt too bad. sticky rear wheel cylinder. small blow in the exhaust and a wiper blade. next year i will go for the pre-check rather than the 13 month mot.
Help Me i'm being held hostage. bring reinforcements.