The Black Museum

The Black Museum of Trike Builds. Read on it may save your life.
big nasty
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by big nasty »

gtr-trike wrote:I know its not a competition, but think you might have to go some to get worse LOL

this was bought as a trike all looking good, according to someone.

but with reliant van V5 I understand

http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/foru ... c=12365.15
bloody terrifying, thats all i can say.
swirl

Post by swirl »

i cant see anything on the link ???????
gtr-trike
Part of the Furniture

Post by gtr-trike »

Some browsers on mmm forum will get blank page. just refresh and page appears
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, then hit them with it :caveman:
NUTJOB

Post by NUTJOB »

Speechless.
I have enough money to last me the rest of my life.
(unless I buy something) :loco:
Tinbasher
Part of the Furniture

Post by Tinbasher »

I am fekkin lost for words!

Seems to be working on the theory that ten badly welded joints equal one properly welded one, just add more bracing! This is the kind of thing that will end up in "no modification" laws like Scandinavia.
Oldman

Post by Oldman »

It looks like the kind of welding I would do, and I aint' ever welded :naughty::naughty:
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

thats my kind of welding bodge it and hope for the best then if anything goes wrong blame the nextdoor neighbour. my mate done the welding on my gl its not the pretiest but its solid had it checked by a qualified welder/fabricater when on the road took it to his workshop for him to check he said not pretty but solid not going anywhere

THE LEP
Haggis
Part of the Furniture

Post by Haggis »

Unfortunately I dont have pics but I was shown a trike conversion a few years ago. The builder had cut lengths of conduit. Yea thats right electrical conduit. Flattened the ends with a hammer. Drilled holes in said flattened ends. Bent them and using "U" bolts bolted a car back axle to it. Where the conduit reached the frame he simply drilled holes through the frame and bolted it on tightening the bolts till the frame flattened out. He was well pleased with what he had done but spat the dummy out when I fired up Mr Angry Grinder n cut it off whilst he stood there speachless.

Feckin electricians think they know it all.

He never spoke to me again :finger:
swirl

Post by swirl »

Haggis wrote:Unfortunately I dont have pics but I was shown a trike conversion a few years ago. The builder had cut lengths of conduit. Yea thats right electrical conduit. Flattened the ends with a hammer. Drilled holes in said flattened ends. Bent them and using "U" bolts bolted a car back axle to it. Where the conduit reached the frame he simply drilled holes through the frame and bolted it on tightening the bolts till the frame flattened out. He was well pleased with what he had done but spat the dummy out when I fired up Mr Angry Grinder n cut it off whilst he stood there speachless.

Feckin electricians think they know it all.

He never spoke to me again :finger:
feckin electricians that must include me, you must agree with my missus she says i know it all :naughty::kiss my arse::alkies:
63gbs

This should have been a nice Trike

Post by 63gbs »

Got this heap of metal from a motorbike place in N. Yorks - was I sold a bad one!!!!!!!:hissyfit: While it look good - when I got down to it the EN500 had been butcher the belt drive had been converted to chain drive by tack welding the cog onto the shaft in the gear box. The back axle had been treated in the same way but was also fixed with Ubolts to the rest of the frame.

The real surprise was that not only was it correctly registered but it had an MOT when it was first registered.

Now for the good news:diggin: If anyone want a project they can have this one for free but you'll need a trailer to take it away. It will need a lot of work but has the advantage of being already registered as a trike or you can use the bits for spares.

I'm selling my house so It'll go to the scrapy else.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.