What have you done to your Trike today... (2019)

The place to chill and chat about anything
lepchaun
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: What have you done to your Trike today... (2019)

Post by lepchaun » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:42 am

gorbee01279 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:29 pm
Lep, what's it looking like on the job front?
enjoying the time off lol never relized how stressed i was from work have u noticed how late iv been posting not been getting up till late 6am and after some mornings its been 7.30am
so as the job goes the union has put in an appeal it should b this month as most were off over xmas im not expecting to win it but if it goes in for unfair dismissal we might stand a chance as the manamagent ar allways breaking the health and safety and vosa rules or allowing us to no breaks taken in a 8hour shift domestic rounds emptying trade bins and so on its very confusing what we can do and cant do :blah: :blah: :bang:

Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:02 am

Lep if the management are like that then get vosa to check them over. Show them some of their own medicine.
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:

lepchaun

Post by lepchaun » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:24 am

Deep Diver wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:02 am
Lep if the management are like that then get vosa to check them over. Show them some of their own medicine.
waiting till the appeal is over the driver that got sacked has a cousin that works for HSE and hes going after them after the appeal is done
also smoking on council property is classed as gross misconduct but every morning thers a least 15 men smoking outside the office door at 5.30am and the charge hand and the supervisor see,s it and do nothing also people smoke in the lorries and again nothing done so as gross misconduct is concerned why should standing on the step be dissmisable or is it making an example of us

gorbee01279
Part of the Furniture

Post by gorbee01279 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:05 am

Let's hope it all goes well for you.Don't get to comfortable with the lazy mornings...start a new project.

Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:58 am

Unfortunately in Law - 2 wrongs don't make a right! You may use the failings and blatant disregard for the rules in mitigation (good reasons imo) but not an excuse. If doing what you were doing was not made specifically punishable / actionable you should have good grounds to fight - ask to see the risk assessment that determined the policy, if there is none then its just speculation! Sounds more like they have to make cuts in staffing - redundancy costs money whilst sacking doesn't - it sucks but likely reality!

1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:58 am

More importantly is following the Disciplinary Procedure.
This usually involves verbal and written warnings before dismissal. https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/di ... procedures
Instant dismissal will only ever be in cases were the breach is so severe it amounts to gross misconduct. - https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/di ... procedures

Looking at the last link, they are probably relying on "gross negligence" and "serious breaches of health and safety rules", in that riding the outside of the truck could have led to you falling off, causing injury or death to yourself and bringing the company into disrepute.

Even if you do not get your job back, I hope you at least win and get compensation.
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.

gorbee01279
Part of the Furniture

Post by gorbee01279 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:46 am

I've been in my lovely warm & dry shed prepping my rear mudguards for paint :thumbsup: Matt black they will be...was thinking of doing some airbrush work but i am not one for blingey trikes :hide: don't mind doing it for other people, :respek: but not for me.

Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:23 am

gorbee01279 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:46 am
I've been in my lovely warm & dry shed prepping my rear mudguards for paint :thumbsup: Matt black they will be...was thinking of doing some airbrush work but i am not one for blingey trikes :hide: don't mind doing it for other people, :respek: but not for me.
:hoofle: :hoofle:

So that's matt black pin strips and art work on a matt black base. Should look good. :hide:
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:

gorbee01279
Part of the Furniture

Post by gorbee01279 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:21 pm

Deep Diver wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:23 am
gorbee01279 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:46 am
:hoofle: :hoofle:

So that's matt black pin strips and art work on a matt black base. Should look good. :hide:
funny you should say that, that's exactly what i was thinking matt base with satin ghost flames :thumbsup: may still do it.