Speedo drive gone on Highway trike

The place to chill and chat about anything
Jan

Speedo drive gone on Highway trike

Post by Jan »

Hi all

Can anybody tell me what motorbike my front wheel is from. Its 18inch spoked wheel and tyres are 18 x 3.

see pics as need to find a speedo drive for it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deep Diver
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: Speedo drive gone on Highway trike

Post by Deep Diver »

I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
Chopper303

Post by Chopper303 »

I have he same wheel in my Highway trike. I had exactly the same problem. I spoke to "The Trike Guy" and they were as much use as a chocolate fireguard, worse than useless. I needed a new front wheel and speedo and they just couldn't be bothered to help in any way. Did a lot of research and as ar as I can make out, those wheels probably come from Eastern Europe, maybe MZ or CZ, maybe Ural. Couldn't find the speedo anywhere at all.

So next option was to change the front wheel for another type. I have done that using a 16" rear wheel and brake plate from a Suzuki GS125. The spindle is the same diameter 14mm. I turned up the appropriate spacers inn alloy. For the speedo I went via Ebay for a GPS type. £50.00. Works a treat and no dramas fitting it.

If your wheel is OK, just get a gps speedo. Mine works great and went straight the MOT, no problem at all.

Chopper
lepchaun
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by lepchaun »

as chopper says get a gps speedo here is the ebay item no for the one i got 194346367439 just make sure u get the ones with the needle as the others are a nightmare to c in the sunlight