What have you done to your Trike today... (2023)

The place to chill and chat about anything
ratwing
Part of the Furniture

Re: What have you done to your Trike today... (2023)

Post by ratwing »

Replaced the front tyre about a fortnight ago because it was cracking in between the tread and the back pair have gone the same way so had to replace them too. It's a bit weird, they're a different size, age, make and weren't all changed at the same time but they're all cracking together.
Internet searching didn't find any 275/60-15's at the local tyre places so ended up buying a pair of Nankangs like the ones already on the trike online from Germany. Rochester Tyres in Strood fitted them and it turned out they're Nankang dealers and could have got them - strange they didn't come up when I was searching.
Andy from Sandy
Part of the Furniture

Post by Andy from Sandy »

gorbee01279 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:40 pm Gave Saucey Sue a good polish with that new ceramic stuff so she looks good for Silver ball cafe day :thumbsup: gave her a good check over and found I've lost a wheel bolt :hissyfit: new one on order can still run her on three :snigger: don't know how long that's been missing? just noticed today.
What days do you go to the cafe? Been a few times but the only trike has been my partner's.
gorbee01279
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by gorbee01279 »

Andy from Sandy wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:00 pm
gorbee01279 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:40 pm Gave Saucey Sue a good polish with that new ceramic stuff so she looks good for Silver ball cafe day :thumbsup: gave her a good check over and found I've lost a wheel bolt :hissyfit: new one on order can still run her on three :snigger: don't know how long that's been missing? just noticed today.
What days do you go to the cafe? Been a few times but the only trike has been my partner's.
When ever the weathers good Andy but Saturdays & sundays are good days as plenty of bikes etc but gets busy in the cafe :hide: let U know well in advance when i am going next :thumbsup:
The older i get the earlier it seems to get late.
Andy from Sandy
Part of the Furniture

Post by Andy from Sandy »

Thank you gorbee, I will keep a look out, cheers.
Davey the punk
Part of the Furniture

Post by Davey the punk »

Spent a couple hours round the garage AF50 and grease out coated the trike ready for my winter rides topoed up the anti freeze abd coolant :handlebars: :handlebars:
Born a rocker die a rocker :triker:
Barneyb

Post by Barneyb »

Nice to know about that acf50, never knew of it before,
Barneyb

Post by Barneyb »

Nice to know about that acf50, never knew of it before,
About to finish my "mouse alarm" battery operated
Infrared detector to trigger if field mice or burglars get inside garage where kermit the trike will live. Uses 2 esp8266s using espnow 1 in garage uses batteries 1 in house where led flashes once activated powered by phone adapter
Aztec
Applier of sticky tape

Post by Aztec »

Barneyb wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:20 pm Nice to know about that acf50, never knew of it before,
About to finish my "mouse alarm" battery operated
Infrared detector to trigger if field mice or burglars get inside garage where kermit the trike will live. Uses 2 esp8266s using espnow 1 in garage uses batteries 1 in house where led flashes once activated powered by phone adapter
I believe that ACF50 was developed by the Canadian navy to stop planes corroding on their aircraft carriers.

I use our 2 cats to keep the mouse population under control and a raspberry pi to look after the garage temperature.
Barneyb

Post by Barneyb »

Replaced oil and filter, filter was stuck firm, did the wd40 with hammer tap trick, worked a charm, used 10/40 oil with extra zddp, runs sweet as a nut. New distributor sent back, didn't work, something wrong with gearing, didn't point to no1 cylinder every time engine rotated. About to order a new one from a guy that modifies them, with the extra fuel going in etc getting a 1500-3500rpm advance, non vacuum one.
Pikey Hagar

Post by Pikey Hagar »

How do all.

Just in case you aint twigged, don't apply to ACF 50 to brake discs, seats etc.

https://acf50.co.uk/

There's also this link which may be useful

https://allyearbiker.co.uk/treatment/
Ye road of life is like a fine wench...they both have soft shoulders and some dangerous curves. Travel/ride with care! :eek: