What have you done to your Trike today... (2023)

The place to chill and chat about anything
Deep Diver
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: What have you done to your Trike today... (2023)

Post by Deep Diver »

That looks like a weak spot on that middle hole right were it broke. I had the same issues with my mudguard bracket. Had it welded and extra plating around the area
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
Aztec
Applier of sticky tape

Post by Aztec »

Where the brackets fit onto the mudguard put loads of fresh silkaflex/tigerseal as it dampens out the harsh vibrations.
CyprusTrike

Post by CyprusTrike »

Aztec wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:17 pm Where the brackets fit onto the mudguard put loads of fresh silkaflex/tigerseal as it dampens out the harsh vibrations.
Thanks will see if I can get that here or equivalent.
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

CyprusTrike wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:19 pm
Aztec wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:17 pm Where the brackets fit onto the mudguard put loads of fresh silkaflex/tigerseal as it dampens out the harsh vibrations.
PU40 is the equivalent to Tiger seal and cheaper
Aztec
Applier of sticky tape

Post by Aztec »

lepchaun wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:43 am
CyprusTrike wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:19 pm
PU40 is the equivalent to Tiger seal and cheaper
Are you sure about that John ? PU40 is a good flexible filler, however does it have the same damping properties as Tiger seal/Sikaflex ?
ratwing
Part of the Furniture

Post by ratwing »

We were in Devon a few days ago and every now and then the steering felt a bit odd on some of the tighter corners, almost like there were ruts left in the tarmac by lorries (there weren't) and the front tyre was catching in them. Strange because on other roads and motorways it felt and handled just fine like it always does. Anyway, a quick check and no punctures so wiggled all the steering joints, wheel bearings etc and nothing was loose, put my hand on the steering damper and it was covered in oil underneath where the seal was leaking.
Ordered a replacement (for a VW beetle) when we got back and fitted it today, fingers crossed it'll last as long as the old one.
ratwing
Part of the Furniture

Post by ratwing »

Time for a new front tyre, it's still got loads of life but there's cracking inbetween the tread. Mind you, it is 9 years old.
It's a 205/60-14, an odd size that isn't used much nowadays so there's not much choice if you want a symmetrical tread pattern and I ended up with a Nankang NS-2. I've got Nankang SP7's on the back and they work well so fingers crossed the NS-2 is as good.
gorbee01279

Post by gorbee01279 »

Gave Saucey Sue a good polish with that new ceramic stuff so she looks good for Silver ball cafe day :thumbsup: gave her a good check over and found I've lost a wheel bolt :hissyfit: new one on order can still run her on three :snigger: don't know how long that's been missing? just noticed today.
The older i get the earlier it seems to get late.
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

gorbee01279 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:40 pm Gave Saucey Sue a good polish with that new ceramic stuff so she looks good for Silver ball cafe day :thumbsup: gave her a good check over and found I've lost a wheel bolt :hissyfit: new one on order can still run her on three :snigger: don't know how long that's been missing? just noticed today.
Oddly, I saw a wheel bolt on the A3, going northbound near Liphook, this morning :O
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
gorbee01279

Post by gorbee01279 »

Not been on the A3 so not mine.Can you go back & pick it up for me as a spare :hoofle: :snigger: the new one came today & fitted.
The older i get the earlier it seems to get late.