NEC Motorcycle Live

The place to chill and chat about anything
Aztec
Applier of sticky tape

NEC Motorcycle Live

Post by Aztec »

Well....i went to the motorcycle live show at the nec and i went on the bike as i refuse to pay the silly car parking prices,luckily i had managed to blag an exhibitor invitation ticket, when i got to the free bike park it all started to dawn on me just how far i had to walk to get to the event, however i was feeling fine and managed to get there with only one stop to get my breath back, i managed to see about 2 thirds of it after several stops for breath and really enjoyed it and i saw the bits i was interested in (Triumph, BMW, Can am etc) they even had a large track to test out electric bikes and surprisingly no queues to try them out, in fact i only saw about 8 people on them and probably 30 ish bikes to try.

Overall it was a good day out, i may even go again next year but i will more than likely hire one of their mobility scooters to get around.
lepchaun
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: NEC Motorcycle Live

Post by lepchaun »

Glad u enjoyed it you never know i might join you next year
King Herald

Post by King Herald »

Last time I went I took my car, in case I bought anything big. £12 to park, a mile to walk to get in, £25 for a ticket and program, a then a snack and coffee etc, all added up to about £50 for the pleasure of walking around a large bike showroom. There were a couple of interesting stands but I generally found it pretty bland and uninteresting.
Aztec
Applier of sticky tape

Post by Aztec »

lepchaun wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:53 am Glad u enjoyed it you never know i might join you next year
:thumbsup:
Aztec
Applier of sticky tape

Post by Aztec »

King Herald wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:52 am Last time I went I took my car, in case I bought anything big. £12 to park, a mile to walk to get in, £25 for a ticket and program, a then a snack and coffee etc, all added up to about £50 for the pleasure of walking around a large bike showroom. There were a couple of interesting stands but I generally found it pretty bland and uninteresting.
Yeah those are some of the very reasons I go on the bike, free parking short indoor stroll onto the skywalk and not able to buy anything large (keeps the wife happy) and when you throw in a free ticket it's win win.
Davey the punk
Part of the Furniture

Post by Davey the punk »

:thumbsup:
Born a rocker die a rocker :triker:
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

King Herald wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:52 am Last time I went I took my car, in case I bought anything big. £12 to park, a mile to walk to get in, £25 for a ticket and program, a then a snack and coffee etc, all added up to about £50 for the pleasure of walking around a large bike showroom. There were a couple of interesting stands but I generally found it pretty bland and uninteresting.
Totally agree.

When you look at other shows that are put on there, the parking and entry cost of Motorcycle Live is daylight robbery!
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.