bollox bollox

The place to chill and chat about anything
big nasty
Moved in and now we can't get rid

bollox bollox

Post by big nasty »

what a couple of days iv had, yesterday somehow ,while loading a bike into the van i managed to fall out the feckin thing and twisted my ankle , bloody sore it is.
today whilst moving a bike, it got damaged , no bloody idea how it happened , anyway im liable for a new mudguard for a 600 thundercat, raging bloody raging , iv moved maybe 7/8 of these bikes and no probs . BOLLOX. owners brother was taking to do with proceedings and was being a bit of a dick, somehow i kept calm and told him to get his brother to fone me about what happened .i told him there would be no charge for transporting the bike, not good enough he wanted me to claim my insurance so he could get paid, he was told feck off , my excess is huge and i told him the mudguard was only worth £40 or so.
anyway , rant over. GGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
what price justice...... ?

is silence really golden ?
Strangely Made

Post by Strangely Made »

Bugger, hope your ankle's not too bad. Good for you on keeping your cool dealing with the dick, sounds as if they both were stressed over nowt really. Cost of transport has got to be much more than a forty quid mudguard.
grumpygramps-2007

Post by grumpygramps-2007 »

you sure it was you who damaged the bike nasty. when i worked in a garage we was told to list any damage to customer vehicles before we touched them cos you would be surprised the amount who said, yer mate it was alright when i brought it in.:finger:
Rocking Robin

Post by Rocking Robin »

To safe guard your own back, it is a good idea to take photo's of the bike/s whilst the owners are there of any marks, scruffs and damage already on the Bike...what ever you see photograph it. List marks and damage already on the Bike and get the owner to sign saying that these marks etc are acknowledged.

Then take photographs of the bike when it's delivered or what ever, again with the owner/ recipient there showing no added or any damage, and get them to sign a delivery note saying that they are happy with the condition of the Bike.

Bit time consuming I know, but that way they have no come backs against you..unless of course you do have an accident with it.

RR.
big nasty

Post by big nasty »

strangly , transport was only £30 , it was a short distance . i thought that waiving the fee would be the end of it , but it doesnt look like it. sadly.
@GG & RR i used to take pix and note any damage before i touched the bikes but speed and complacently put paid to that, so needless to say things are gonna change from now on , its back to the old way of doing things . iv been moving bikes for a long time and never had a problem , till now. my reputation is at stake , so the fella who's bike was damaged , is getting a brand new ready painted mudguard for his bike. and i hope that will be the end of the issue. still no idea how it happened though.the investigation continues..........

Strangely Made

Post by Strangely Made »

Well, either way you dropping the fees should have settled it. Problem is, people are being told then need to complain about this and that and it's fittlering down to minor stuff like the postie being late , add to that a couple of angry men and you're going to get this situation.
big nasty

Post by big nasty »

yeah, the bike owner is away at work till tomorrow i think , i havent spoken to him about it yet . il let ye know what the outcome is.

lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

hope everything works out ok bn and the ankle is getting better:respek:
levvin

Post by levvin »

risky stuff strapping down peoples pride n joy....

if i were you BN, I'd be looking at a very clearly worded disclaimer for damages in transit....

Like RAC etc...

they dont sign it, their bike stays put and you dont get grief.

Lev
spiderxj900
Part of the Furniture

Post by spiderxj900 »

Sorry to hear about your ankle and the hassle you've been having BN. Unfortunately I think Strangely hit the nail on the head, we have become a nation of 'sod reasonable, what can I get out of it' types.

Accidents can and do happen but if the bike was in the same place at the end of transit as it was at the beginning its hard to say whether it was damaged before or not. I wouldn't put it past some people to try it on.

I hope the mudguard doesn't set you back too much, as you said though your rep is more valuable so unfortunately it looks like you will have to swallow it this time. Disclaimer sounds like a good idea in the future, a quick 'wiggle' of any plastics will usually show any cracks or damage so maybe a quick once over before you start loading, annoyingly time consuming as it is, will prevent any further problems.

Thing is I do appreciate that its easy to sit here and come up with suggestions of what you 'should' do in the future, to prevent another 'incident', when I have no experience in what you do, (other than being the person who needs their bike/trike recovered on too many occasions!!)
Anyway, hope your ankle feels better and you get this resolved without too much damage to your wallet or your rep.
Ride 3 - Live Free

:drool: HEAVILY MEDICATED for your safety :drool: