bollox bollox

The place to chill and chat about anything
big nasty
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by big nasty »

levvin wrote:risky stuff strapping down peoples pride n joy....

if i were you BN, I'd be looking at a very clearly worded disclaimer for damages in transit....

Like RAC etc...

they dont sign it, their bike stays put and you dont get grief.

Lev
dont know anything about that lev, what sorta wording does the disclaimer have . ???? its a good idea though.
@ spider, yep my reputation is worth more than a bloody miniscule mark on a mudguard , so il swallow it ,this time. but , then again it all depends on what attitude the actual owner has towards things,that will ultimately decide the outcome. if he is reasonable then fine he will get a brand new colour coded muddy , if not its a trip to the breakers and a used muddy for him . his choice . lol and my ankle is a bit sore still , its the one i burst when i crashed on a back road doing 90+ on my wee honda. its fecked anyway , always getting injured 'cos its so weak.
what price justice...... ?

is silence really golden ?
levvin

Post by levvin »

Hiya BN...

I use a disclaimer section on my invoices, if i know i'm going to have to cut away decor or such like, or dig up a floor, rip up floorboards etc,

i make damned sure i get a signature before the tools come out...to stop the 'oh, you may have stopped my house being flooded by kerosene...BUT what are you going to do about the 40 year old fekkin lino you took up (that was so rotten it fell apart anyway)??? YOU DAMAGED IT..I WANT A WHOLE NEW KITCHEN...'

Trust me...arseholes like that are REAL!

Try searching 'disclaimers' online...bet you'll find summat suitable.

Maybe something on the bottom of your invoices, getting a signature before you touch the bike, to make the client KNOW he's accepted your services in WRITING, has SIGNED FOR IT LEGALLY, thus you will get paid AND you dont get caught out by a twat head...

summat along the lines of ...

'DISCLAIMER...

All reasonable care will be taken to protect the client's vehicle in loading ,transit and off loading,

however ******** ltd will not be held liable for any minor cosmetic damage incurred during the correct and reasonable handling of the vehicle.

I/WE accept the terms of service and agree to the service provided by *********ltd.

signed.....A.WANKER

by stating MINOR cosmetic damage, the customer isnt very likely to argue as if you drop a classic norton on its back off the tail lift....then your liability insurance will pay out...

but scuffs from straps etc are fair game...if youve fixed it down correctly and reasonably using padding etc...if they aint happy with that...then they dont have to use your services, do they?

Lev:biker:
big nasty

Post by big nasty »

brilliant lev, why i never thought of it before now il never know. im defo gonna get new paper work printed up next week along the lines of whats been suggested, iv been to compacent recently and something like this incident was bound to happen sooner or later. that along with a good visual check of the bike/trike and photos of any damage/marks should do the trick. im happy now. cheers fellas.

big nasty

Post by big nasty »

iv emailed that to a printer for a quote to have new paperwork made up .

levvin

Post by levvin »

Good man....

I've been trading for a long time, and, i'm sorry to say, have had it tried on frequently.....usually by foreigners or benefits ....

I remember a pearler when i'd been called in to stop a massive leak that was literally a fountain coming up through the floorboards in a bedroom and gushing down through the living room ceiling...

some berk had banged a nail through a high pressure cold mains feed pipe a little while prior...squeaky floorboard...and the nail had duly rusted away...whoooosh...

Soooo I get there at 03.00ish, family of dirty kids and chavvy parents...all in sports brands...smoking lamberts like they were going out of fashion...(Hmmm...i work and cant warrant the cost of tailor made ciggies!! rollups fer lev..)

I look in the living room...ceiling is bowed down by almost a foot....

i turn off supply, put bucket under bulge, pop it with a screwdriver...water gushes into bucket....then i go upstairs and lift boards, cut out bad section of 15mm pipe, solder in a fresh 12" section, turn supply on and check all is good, replace boards and get signatures from apparrently happy grateful for fast response people.

Next day theres a call to the office from their dickhead pakki landlord....

demanding a whole new ceiling as id popped a 6mm hole in it...and new carpets as they were soaking.....

WTF???????????:furious:

Anyway, i eventually told the idiot to f*ck off and take it to court...

never heard anything after that, and started using disclaimers ever since.

some customers ask why they need to sign a disclaimer before i work...

i tell them its not personal and refer to this account of idiots trying it on when it was clearly not my fault...

they always understand.

Lev
grumpygramps-2007

Post by grumpygramps-2007 »

skimmed a room for a fella in a place called caldy on the wirral. its were the footballers live. anyway fella refuses to pay me as he was not happy with the colour of the plaster when it dried. said he was going to get a professional in to check my work. next week his mrs asked me to come for the money as its was all a mistake.should of sued the bustard,