Fantastic New Device for Towing your Trike

Triker Trailer-ette
Nel

Fantastic New Device for Towing your Trike

Post by Nel »

Designed and built by us you can find this new item on our 'shop' pages, please go to:

http://www.uktriker.co.uk/shopc801787093
Nel

Post by Nel »

[attach]3805[/attach]

[attach]3806[/attach]

[attach]3807[/attach]

[attach]3808[/attach]

[attach]3809[/attach]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
baldeagle

Re: Fantastic New Device for Towing your Trike

Post by baldeagle »

A friend of mine recently bought one of these and then sold his trike!!
He has offered it to me on loan to tow my Rewaco when I get it soon.I have been trying to get to grips with the legality,here in France and also in Spain.I know this is not a camping car site but there is a lot of controversy here regarding A frames used to tow cars or trikes behind campers and cars and drivers beings stopped and fined and the Mrs having to drive the towed vehicle.This ain't gonna happen as my other half won't drive a 7.5 mtr camper and being a Canadian has only ever driven an auto box,useless!!
I have a slight disability and quite fancied towing the Rewaco down to Portugal and could then leave the camper in one place and spend my days taking in the scenery on 3 wheels but don't need hassle from Guardia Civile.
Any help would be much appreciated guys. :hellfire:
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

I am sure that you will be better off with a full trailler. That is what at least one of our members does.

This seems to put the kybosh on it too:
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/thr ... ike.28032/

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Thanks mate,I belong to that forum but couldn't find that post.
What I expected really,since the financial situation has worsened in most of Europe I am sure the flic here and Guardia Civile in Spain have been told to stop anything they are not familiar with and you cop for an€80 fine.Seemed too good and easy solution but they never are,are they.
Thanks again for searching for me.
Speed cameras everywhere here now,bloody awful,spend more time looking at speedo than the road.Most of them are when a 90kph drops to a 70 and very easy to miss.I don't fly around but have mates with loads of points here. :rant:
VmaxRik
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by VmaxRik »

Seriously....buy a trailer, if you have the room to store one. Then drag your trike round on that.

If your going to be doing mucho plenty miles with a trike sat up at an angle...an angle that could happily starve the front gearbox bearings of oil. This could lead to some rather expensive and time consuming transmission rebuilds.

We drag a little Pixo car behind our 38 footer....and that has to abide by the laws over here. That means the car brakes have to be actuated by mechanical means either from the A frame, or an electronic device that does the same thing. So not really that much different from the rest of continental Europe, as in it turns into a braked trailer.

This nation wasn't given to our forefathers, it was wrought over a 1000 years of bloody war and the efforts of those who came before.
Let it not be us who bears the sin, of giving it away to the enemy within.

:guns: :guns: :guns: :biker:
baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Thanks Rik,I will wait and see what happens after collecting the Rewaco,my feeling is I will be doing lots of long trips on it as my shoulder improves.I currently have this Gilera Fuoco 500 which I tow on a modified two bike trailer,but suspect when the big one!! comes it will be sold.
Having spoken to Phil,he says the steering is as light as a kite.
The money I get from the Gilera would pay for a half decent trailer and had not thought of the gearbox oil situation but sure you are right.I am mechanically sympathetic so hate damaging anything.Thanks again.
xjs10
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by xjs10 »

We have towed trikes behind our motorhome for 3 years now....we started with a dolly ( that we still have in the shed somewhere ) to lift the front wheel, this was fine going forwards...no problems at all....but when the need to reverse came, no matter how I tried ....with all my years experiance driving HGV's....It would not reverse, after 12in of travel it seemed to want to tip the trike over. That was when we decided to buy a trailer to put the trike on.....no more problems...I can now reverse anywhere I have to.... :thumbsup:
This is only my view on how we found it.. :respek:
baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Thanks xj,
Had to laugh when I read your post.I am exactly the same,many years HGV's draw bars,wagon and drag,40 footers and ne'er a problem.7.5 mtr camper with poxy little trailer and all over the place,embarrassing or wot!! Think I will accept all the advice given.Cheers.