REGISTERING A BOLT ON TRIKE

Chat about Trikes
lepchaun
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: REGISTERING A BOLT ON TRIKE

Post by lepchaun »

look forward to seeing photoes of it and maybe u can make it to our gettogether in june :thumbsup:
justy1000

Post by justy1000 »

Deep Diver wrote:
justy1000 wrote: Me & me dad built it in my shed so I'm gunna have to turn it back into a bike to get it out then put it back as a trike when its out. So when its out I can take proper pics of it & when I do I'll be posting up......
I think you need a bigger shed. :hoofle:

Mind I built up a Triumph Bonne up, down a cellar and had to remove the front end to winch it up the stairs. :bang:

To be fair the "shed" was actually built as a stable but I commandeered it & have been slowly turning it into a workshop. Ive got my lathe n mill to go in up at one end & the bikes will live down by the door so as they can be wheeled straight in n out. As for the trike... thats gunna ave to live outside! :o
justy1000

Post by justy1000 »

lepchaun wrote:look forward to seeing photoes of it and maybe u can make it to our gettogether in june :thumbsup:
Get together... Sounds good. Just need to know the dates (3 birthdays that month) If Ive not got the trike on the road by then will it be ok to turn up on a bike???
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

justy1000 wrote:Get together... Sounds good. Just need to know the dates (3 birthdays that month) If Ive not got the trike on the road by then will it be ok to turn up on a bike???
8-10th June. Will put the "official" thread up this weekend.
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
miniondave
Part of the Furniture

Post by miniondave »

justy1000 wrote:
lepchaun wrote:look forward to seeing photoes of it and maybe u can make it to our gettogether in june :thumbsup:
Get together... Sounds good. Just need to know the dates (3 birthdays that month) If Ive not got the trike on the road by then will it be ok to turn up on a bike???
Turn up on what you want.
We were in the car with the caravan last year, another in car with trailer tent and another in a motorhome (though to be fair they did tow their trike)
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
justy1000

Post by justy1000 »

Question......

What goes the the sections arrowed in the pic below??
Image2404.jpg
Do I put Bicycle for the Tax Class & the year of Manufacture, is that the actually date it was made or the year it was registered?

justy1000
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dave174
Part of the Furniture

Post by dave174 »

When i registered mine i didn't fill any forms out. I just sent the v5 with tricycle in the change of tax class box.
lepchaun
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by lepchaun »

if its under 450kg its class 3 mot tricycle tax
if its over 450kg its class 4 plg tax
have u had it weighed and mot,ed yet if not u will have to wait to c what u put in the tax box
the year stays the same as it keeps its original reg number as its a bolt on
but as dave said leave it blank dave only done his last april /may time so he will know better than me so take his advice
:thumbsup: LEP
justy1000

Post by justy1000 »

dave174 wrote:When i registered mine i didn't fill any forms out. I just sent the v5 with tricycle in the change of tax class box.

So all you did was fill in sect 7 of the V5? You didnt fill out the V10 or V6217/1 forms or send any pics??? :hmm:
dave174
Part of the Furniture

Post by dave174 »

Never filled out forms but did send photos. 5 in all front, back, both sides and one of the frame no. V5 showing that i had changed it to a trike.Weighbridge ticket , mot cert and insurance cert, Also a cheque made out for tax.And don't forget letter to explain that you have bolted on a back axle and you got the parts from an auto jumble without receipts