operation jinja wing

This is the place to show off your photos / details of your own trike build or resoration profect.
jinjachin
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: operation jinja wing

Post by jinjachin »

the old man come out of hospital on friday hes had two stents fitted . so been in the garage today and got the engine all done
these are the reason the starter doesnt work the old ones were full of crud
P1030539.JPG
they sit in here the straws are to hold the rollers back while i put it back on the shaft
P1030540.JPG
P1030541.JPG
then all back together
P1030542.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AngeloftheAbyss
Part of the Furniture

Post by AngeloftheAbyss »

Are you sure you're not drinking through those straws?
Freedom has a price, the cost is buried in the ground :nono:
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

been working on the engine at work plastered it with paint stripper then steamed it of the only problem is ive blown the glass out of the oil level and caint find it and i caint find one for sale eather .
P1030549.JPG
i brought some engine paint called aluminium no 9 and i am really chuffed its come out really well it better than the photos show
P1030550.JPG
P1030549.JPG
i also went in the garage stripping more off the bike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

ive got a new laptop and im having trouble putting the correct pics on in the right order so you will have to bear with me
P1030551.JPG
P1030547.JPG
all ive got to do is polish the ali covers and fit a new belt cover gasket which is £46 what a rip off
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

Jin, hope you're keeping a tally of the cost to charge your boy.
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

its mouting up i was going to do this as cheep as i could but ive decided to put more in now and it last longer before it needs doing again . ive got my head set on the project now if you know what i mean so its got to be done to the best of my ability as i want it nice its the only way i can do a project this big the trouble is i have trouble sleeping as i caint switch it off . thats why i dont draw what im aiming for as its all in my head im on the swing arm next ive got some working out how im going to do it . how far over the original axle center does every one fix the axle i dont want it to far back as i dont like the look but i know i will have excessive uj wear the closer i have the axle as im not going to shorten it plus what is the best way to make sure axle is central and squire
JC1
Part of the Furniture

Post by JC1 »

Keeps the old grey matter working! :thumbsup:
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

jinj when u come up on sunday u can do a load of measuring and photos off mine I know there different bikes but the swing arm should b the same lent I would think also give terry t a pm he has a 1200 and a 1500 :respek: :thumbsup:
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

spent 1 1/2 hr on the polisher doing these two got the other two to do then the engine will go on the shelf at work till its time to go in the trike
P1030552.JPG
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

hu jinge re that glass i have some perspex which is 5mm thick so could be cut to fit if you want i can send you some