Gorbees vw trike

Just a few words to Introduce youself
gorbee01279
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: Gorbees vw trike

Post by gorbee01279 »

Sorry my mistake :o it was a 3/8 unf outlet not 3/16 :hide:
The older i get the earlier it seems to get late.
Skidmark
Part of the Furniture

Post by Skidmark »

master cylinder.jpg
this is what mine uses, started with a 5/8" standard then I changed to a 3/4".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gorbee01279

Post by gorbee01279 »

Have you still got the hard pedal & weak braking? as i thought you had the same problem as me if that is so i can't get my head around you going bigger on the master cylinder, principle dictates smaller bore more pressure at slaves equals better brakes.....
Skidmark
Part of the Furniture

Post by Skidmark »

yes hard pedal and weak brakes, when checked on the brake tester for MOT both even and over 130kgf on the gauge, started with standard rear 19mm brake cylinders and 5/8" master, changed to 22mm cylinders which are beetle front cylinders, had problems with this and later found drawing air around pipe fitting to cylinder, changed master to 3/4" but then had to change back to the 19mm rear cylinders, got p*ssed off by this point and have left the 3/4" master on until winter, brakes work but you have to stand on the pedal.
I dont think Harley do a 1/2" master cylinder so would have to change a fair bit.
IMG_1218.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

Get one of the half inch ones and have it polished.
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
gorbee01279

Post by gorbee01279 »

it may be worth your while to change to a 0.5 bore i know it would be a bit of work for you to alter what you've got but by doing so you will not need a servo for your dodgy knee as mine now feels as though it's servo assisted.Just to ratify that my setup has worked great & you would really only need to make a bracket to fit onto your existing plate & change your flex pipe to a hard line.
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

I think you were possibly going the right way with the 22mm slave cylinders ie. same effect as using a smaller dia. master. Pedal ratio looks to be between 7 and 8:1 so ok there. Not sure a 1/2" master will move enough fluid when combined with 19mm / 3/4" slave cylinders or you get to have a long pedal?

Re above post - what difference would hard line make?
gorbee01279

Post by gorbee01279 »

Kawazuki wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:19 am I think you were possibly going the right way with the 22mm slave cylinders ie. same effect as using a smaller dia. master. Pedal ratio looks to be between 7 and 8:1 so ok there. Not sure a 1/2" master will move enough fluid when combined with 19mm / 3/4" slave cylinders or you get to have a long pedal?

None,it's just my preference i don't like using banjo fittings on master cylinders that are designed for hardlines as regards to moving enough fluid mine works fine with 19mm slaves as the cylinder i used,as pictured has 1 1/2 inch stroke & works good now.
Skidmark
Part of the Furniture

Post by Skidmark »

gorbee01279 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:02 am
Kawazuki wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:19 am I think you were possibly going the right way with the 22mm slave cylinders ie. same effect as using a smaller dia. master. Pedal ratio looks to be between 7 and 8:1 so ok there. Not sure a 1/2" master will move enough fluid when combined with 19mm / 3/4" slave cylinders or you get to have a long pedal?

None,it's just my preference i don't like using banjo fittings on master cylinders that are designed for hardlines as regards to moving enough fluid mine works fine with 19mm slaves as the cylinder i used,as pictured has 1 1/2 inch stroke & works good now.
I have fitted a Goodridge brake pipe with banjo fitting as the rear master cylinder is a Harley Davidson one that uses flexible pipe and is designed for banjo fitting, it also has my brake light switch incorporated, and I agree I will be going back to 22mm slaves with 5/8" master over winter
gorbee01279

Post by gorbee01279 »

What about these two Lep? can give U eBay numbers if interested,while i'm at it how do you copy an eBay item onto the forum?