reliant trike running hot

Help needed & advice given..try here
snakepete

reliant trike running hot

Post by snakepete » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:46 am

Hi folks
I have just sorted out how to fix a robin with a hot flush in this hot weather.I have fitted a car heater matrix to the bottom rear seat panel and it works a treat.
I have run it the same as the robin car heater.
I hope this helps some one out there with the same problem.All in it cost £20 from good old e bay .
Email if you want pics.

Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Re: reliant trike running hot

Post by Kawazuki » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:57 am

I'd be surprised if most Reliant engined trikes don't run excessively warm. When in the original body, the rad had a degree of funnelled air + heater matrix + water capacity, are lost on most trikes. You have to look at the whole capacity and build it into a single rad.

jinjachin
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: reliant trike running hot

Post by jinjachin » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:05 pm

Kawazuki wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:57 am
I'd be surprised if most Reliant engined trikes don't run excessively warm. When in the original body, the rad had a degree of funnelled air + heater matrix + water capacity, are lost on most trikes. You have to look at the whole capacity and build it into a single rad.
He is right air is forced through a tunnel in to the rad . The fan on the engine on mine was a complete waste of time it just forced air out the side so I fitted a 12" fan on the front of the rad blowing air through the rad never had any problems after that