back brakes

Help needed & advice given..try here
andymilson

back brakes

Post by andymilson » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:25 am

im having a going on with the back brakes on my trike project it has a landrover master cylinder but I cant get a firm pedal ive bled the brakes with a pressure bleeder and ther does not seem to be any air in the system but the brake lever goes full travel in the master cylinder any help appreciated it has 2 vw golf calipers at the back and the brake lines are s/steel the hoses tee together straight on top of the master cylinder but I cant get a good pedal

Mal
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: back brakes

Post by Mal » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:11 pm

Try removing the pads, open the bleeders and push the pistons all the way back. quite common for golf calipers to trap an air bubble behind the piston. Refit pads,close bleeders, pump pistons back out and rebleed. Not deffo but worth a try.

andymilson

Post by andymilson » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:46 pm

thanks very much will try that at the weekend

jinjachin
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by jinjachin » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:11 pm

also make sure your bleed nipples are at the highest point if not undo the calipers and move them on the disc so the nipples are at the top it took me hours to work that problem on mine . are getting fluid out of the nipple

Andy from Sandy

Post by Andy from Sandy » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:17 am

I have used a nissin 11/16" master cylinder to 2 Audi calipers. After bleeding the pedal felt a little spongy so I applied the brake with a heavy weight and left it overnight. In the morning the pedal was nice and firm.