Trike Wanted

Looking for a hard to find item?
quarryman1243

Trike Wanted

Post by quarryman1243 »

My old man is looking for a trike so thought I'd stick a post here! He's after one with a car engine as he has no motorcycle licence (only driving license pre 2000). The machine would require a pillion bucket style seat to carry a disabled passenger, who would likley topple off a standard saddle.

Boom trikes seem best suited due to the design of the pillion seat:

http://boom-trikes.co.uk/models/low-rider-muscle/

However, the style of the trike is flexible and doesn't have to be the "low rider" look. The main objective is for a rear seat that is safe for a disabled passenger.

I will check in on this forum from time to time but otherwise don't hesitate to contact me via email: grantgammie@hotmail.com

Many thanks,
Grant :)
Mad B0B
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: Trike Wanted

Post by Mad B0B »

with a driving license pre 2013 you can ride either bike or car based trikes.
It's all about the grin on your face

:rock on:

My Build Log
quarryman1243

Post by quarryman1243 »

Mad B0B wrote:with a driving license pre 2013 you can ride either bike or car based trikes.
So much conflicting information out there... Thanks for putting me right!

Grant
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

how severe is the disablement im not selling mine but my wife has bad arthurites and with the goldwing armrests she falls asleep behind me dont rule out a bike trike yet as there ar people in wheelchairs riding bike trikes u might have to adapt them a bit but as long as u know it is possible
hope this helps u a bit
LEP
quarryman1243

Post by quarryman1243 »

She's more or less physically sound, some weakness on her right hand side due to cerebral palsy.

Her disability is primarily mental and thus the seat would need to be safe because she'd be unable to comprehend leaning into corners and the like. Due to her disability she would also never be riding, just a passenger - hence the importance of the pillion seat.

The fact that your Mrs can fall asleep on the back of your trike would be a prime example of what we would need for Sarah.

Regards,
Grant
sprocky

Post by sprocky »

quarryman1243 wrote:She's more or less physically sound, some weakness on her right hand side due to cerebral palsy.

Her disability is primarily mental and thus the seat would need to be safe because she'd be unable to comprehend leaning into corners and the like. Due to her disability she would also never be riding, just a passenger - hence the importance of the pillion seat.

The fact that your Mrs can fall asleep on the back of your trike would be a prime example of what we would need for Sarah.

Regards,
Grant
leps set up would be ideal personaly i dont think you nead to think along the side of boom or rewacko well expensive they are nice but could cost a fortune to get just right tis a shame youve just found us as weve not long had our anual meet at stockton where as the guys would have been more than willing to let there rides be tested out how ever there is another meet at stockton at the end of the month with the fukt were there will be many different types of trikes and a fare few of us are going along to :thumbsup: :respek:
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

post code for stockton is cv478ju its on the cricket field mine will b there where abouts ar u
LEP
quarryman1243

Post by quarryman1243 »

Hello guys, thanks a lot for the replies! In the end he went with a Boom Chopper and is delighted with it. Rode it up from Manchester to just easy of Inverness so a fair old ride :)

Maybe we'll find our way down to Stockton for one of the meets in the near future!

Once again thanks for the responses and taking the time out to get back to me.

Grant