My trike project

Chat about Trikes
Paul T

My trike project

Post by Paul T »

Well things are happening and the project has started. I decided to stick with the reliant axle as the gearing is better than a ford for cruising. I managed to get the b type axle. The back end of the bike is stripped out.
I made a jig and then proceeded to cut up the the swing arm. I brought some CDS tube, cut and bent it, then set about tack welding it all together using the jig I made to keep all pivot points aligned. next I put the axle in place, squared everything up and tack weld the axle mounts and the shock absorber mounts on. I have now striped it out now ready to fully weld together.
Today I sent away the drive shaft to be made. I have been buying all the parts for the brakes and lights.
old git
Part of the Furniture

Re: My trike project

Post by old git »

pictures please
lepchaun
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by lepchaun »

my old goldwing 1500gl has a B stamp axel couldent fault it when u get a chance post some photos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Davey the punk
Part of the Furniture

Post by Davey the punk »

On your way to trikeing good luck with the build Paul
Born a rocker die a rocker :triker:
Paul T

Post by Paul T »

I am trying to work out how to attach my pics.
Deep Diver

Post by Deep Diver »

Paul T wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:45 pm I am trying to work out how to attach my pics.
I use a online host site (imgbb.com) it's free. Create a album then upload your pictures to that, from there I copy the imbed codes.

If you click on the quote symbol you'll see the code for the picture I just posted.
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
Paul T

Post by Paul T »

I have not been able to do the pics but will update,
The rear frame has been fully welded with the brake cylinder mounted. It then went away and got
painted, The prop shaft has been done. Park brake mounting and cable brackets made and painted, The axle is now painted. Brakes have been renewed and ready to go back on the axle. The mud guard brackets have been made but need painted, I have all the lights. I have fitted the hazard warning lights, I fitted new bearings and seals packed with fresh grease into the swing arm. I am hoping Saturday will be dry so I can put it all together and back on its wheels, Hopefully it will be ready for weighing and MOT in a couple of weeks.
Last edited by Paul T on Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

to post photos scroll down the page when u c attachments press on it add files will appear then press on that than choose your file im using a laptop so it might be different on some other things
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

Paul T wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:04 pm I have not been able to do the pics but will update,
The rear frame has been fully welded with the brake cylinder mounted. It then went away and got
painted, The prop shaft has been done. Park brake mounting and cable brackets made and painted, The axle is now painted. Brakes have been renewed and ready to go back on the axle. The mud guard brackets have been made but need painted, I have all the lights. I have fitted the hazard warning lights, I fitted new bearings and seals packed with fresh grease into the swing arm. I am hoping Saturday will be dry so I can put it all together and back on its wheels, Hopefully it will be ready for weighing and MOT in a couple of weeks.
Playing 'Devils Advocate' - by welding on the rear frame in connection with its use as a trike, you have crossed the line from 3 wheel motorcycle to tricycle and should have the machine re-registered as a trike via and MSVA test. Maybe daft rules but they the rules!
Paul T

Post by Paul T »

Sorry if you misunderstood. This is a bolt on conversion, When I said the frame is welded I ment I converted the swing arm into a frame to mount the axle