VW TRIKE

Chat about Trikes
lepchaun
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: VW TRIKE

Post by lepchaun »

also fitted some fog lights over the reversing lights
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

When I read that I first thought 'why would anyone only want Fog lights in reverse?' Then saw the pictures and realised, 'above' the reversing lights LOL!
Aztec
Applier of sticky tape

Post by Aztec »

Very nice John, well done
Davey the punk
Part of the Furniture

Post by Davey the punk »

Looking good 👍
Born a rocker die a rocker :triker:
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

Kawazuki wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:19 am When I read that I first thought 'why would anyone only want Fog lights in reverse?' Then saw the pictures and realised, 'above' the reversing lights LOL!
its in the way we tell them :hoofle: :hoofle: yes above would sound better lol
Chopper303

Post by Chopper303 »

Interesting read and some great pictures. I like what you have done with your trike. All good improvements. What material did you use to cover your seats with and what did you paint them with? The new mudguards are a big improvement on the chequer plate ones. The footpegs for your passenger is something I have to have a serious think about for my new trike. I think you have made a great job.
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

Thanks chopper i reused the original seat covers and painted them with simonize satin paint black dye would have been better
Chopper303

Post by Chopper303 »

Hi Lep, thanks for your reply. I was also wondering what material the seats are covered with. I do a lot of leather work, mostly for the adult fetish market, but I also do quite a bit of biker stuff, especially for the back patch clubs. I am a retired back patch member. The vynil I use is quite stretchy, more so in one direction than the other. If your seats are vynil you will struggle to get a decent long lasting finish. The vynil does not absorb the stain/paint/dye, it just coats the surface. If your seats are leather, that is a whole different matter.

Your trike is looking much better than when you first got it.
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

Chopper303 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:50 am Hi Lep, thanks for your reply. I was also wondering what material the seats are covered with. I do a lot of leather work, mostly for the adult fetish market, but I also do quite a bit of biker stuff, especially for the back patch clubs. I am a retired back patch member. The vynil I use is quite stretchy, more so in one direction than the other. If your seats are vynil you will struggle to get a decent long lasting finish. The vynil does not absorb the stain/paint/dye, it just coats the surface. If your seats are leather, that is a whole different matter.

Your trike is looking much better than when you first got it.
Thank you chopper :thumbsup:
Richstorm

Post by Richstorm »

Hi Lep I have a complete VW rear end and know a few useful guys in the VW world so if I can help just shout, Rich.