MOT testing

Chat about Trikes
Twanny

MOT testing

Post by Twanny »

Does anybody know of a deaf and partially sighted MOT tester around the West midlands. I am only joking really lol. I am struggling at the moment to find a Trike MOT tester.

Any help please?
King Herald

Re: MOT testing

Post by King Herald »

Do a Google search for class 3 mot near you.

https://motremind.me/find-local-mot-tes ... HAM/Class3
Twanny

Post by Twanny »

King Herald wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:05 pm Do a Google search for class 3 mot near you.

https://motremind.me/find-local-mot-tes ... HAM/Class3
Thanks King Herald. I did a search and could only find 1 (one) MOT station that does class 3 on postcode B98 7HD. I must expand my search.

Thanks anyways.
Andy from Sandy
Part of the Furniture

Post by Andy from Sandy »

The guy where I am that does class 3 showed me and explained possibly why there isn't many stations around.

First up the tester cannot remove anything to take a look at what lies behind. It could be a place where a structural weld is.

Second for a bolt on conversion the vehicle doesn't have to have what I assume is the rigorous MSVA check. I don't really know what is involved there but just a guess it is more than an MOT test?

He gets so many machines that are abortions but are apparently road legal made from scrap angle iron and all manner of bits. That was the machine he showed to me awaiting testing.

I can see why most don't want to be involved with them.
Kawazuki
Part of the Furniture

Post by Kawazuki »

I think local authority testing stations have to test all classes. As regards scrap being presented and structural items being concealed - that's no different for any vehicle - you test what you see without favour or bias. A clean, smart vehicle is less lightly to be frowned upon though! A bolt on needs nothing other than a type 3 MOT before use.
Twanny

Post by Twanny »

The trike had previous MOTs done so I am assumimg as long as nothing structurial has changed its a matter of inspecting for the normal lights, brakes, tyres, joints and the like. But thanks guys, its a steep learning curve for me here but I am willing to climb as long as my zimmer frame holds up .