Thinking of MONGREL 2.....

Chat about Trikes
levvin

Thinking of MONGREL 2.....

Post by levvin »

Gettin' in from work at 01.00 gives you too much quiet time to start a-pondering about another trike build...

i have a bit of work to do on Zoes virago teeny-trike in spring,

but want to build another MONGREL in the summer when ive got no work on....

I was thinking of a hardtailed bobber , possibly reliant trike,

what do the reliants behave like?

speed, torque, reliability, that sort of stuff?

any other ideas?

lev:biker:
daddy moose

Post by daddy moose »

in my oppinion ,they slow ,[70] and flat [compared to a bike trike] reliants wernt know fer there sporty performance . :respek: to all reliant owners ,but whos can do a ton?????:naughty:
gtr-trike
Part of the Furniture

Post by gtr-trike »

LOL you mentioned torque, speed and reliability in the same paragraph as the word reliant LOL LOL LOL

theres an oxymoron if ever I saw one, and Im not talking about Levvin LOL
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, then hit them with it :caveman:
Willgofar
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by Willgofar »

Hey Lev, Check these pics out. this one was up for sale on Flee-bay around September. it was also in the Summer Trike Mag. it might give you some idea's. i thought it looked the dogs watsits.
[ATTACH]6651[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6652[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6653[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6654[/ATTACH]

it used to belong to an old dear in her 70's "Bo's Bobber" its been sold twice this year (both times within hours)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gtr-trike
Part of the Furniture

Post by gtr-trike »

as reliant trikes go it aint that bad, quite tidy, seat needs someting done with it in my opinion, bit big and floaty

pick it up cheap enough that you can then register it properly with MSVA etc and would be quite a useful lil tool
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, then hit them with it :caveman:
VmaxRik

Post by VmaxRik »

As GTR says and more,after what you've been hooooning around on it would feel like a mobility scooter,why on earth would you want to.

Now we all know NJ's just bought one as a first project and fair play to him for giving it a go and we'll all help where we can.......but you'r used to 120 horse and 10,000 plus revs,not 50 on a good day and 5.500 revs just before you end up with a sump full of bits.

Three bearing crank and pre crossflow head design.....oh yeah,just like a Mk1 Cortina or an Anglia.....or the donkey engine off the ARK,yup it's that old.

If you want to try something different in a reliant frame,try anything Italian and rear wheel drive,or if you can find one a Lada Riva....twin cam,all alloy and the bits are really cheap,and their ALL alloy so nice and light.

Or a Hiyabusa,Fireblade engine turned sideways !!!!!!!
This nation wasn't given to our forefathers, it was wrought over a 1000 years of bloody war and the efforts of those who came before.
Let it not be us who bears the sin, of giving it away to the enemy within.

:guns: :guns: :guns: :biker:
geoffnewblue

Post by geoffnewblue »

My Mk2 Robin will do a ton well 102 according to the sat Nav it was bloody loud in side but I was upsetting a wanker that had cut me up. It will cruse quite happy at 70.
daddy moose

Post by daddy moose »

geoffnewblue wrote:My Mk2 Robin will do a ton well 102 according to the sat Nav it was bloody loud in side but I was upsetting a wanker that had cut me up. It will cruse quite happy at 70.
is that when ur being towed by the neighbours porshe??:killing me:[ooooh i know a joke about that , short version , bloke brakes down on the motorway in his reliant his next door neibour comes by ,moved with pity attaches a short tow rope ,away they go at 10 mph ,all is well untill ,local lads from the porshe club cum by and bait the neighbour into a race , 20-30-40-60-80-100-120-140 the blokey in the reliant is pooing himself ,flashing and beeping the horn has no effect ,jusy ahead the local plod are on the radio for back up . you wont belive this sarge we got 4 porshes all doing 140 mph and whats werse a pycho in a robin flashing and beeping trying to pass em , lol:killing me::thumbsup::hoofle:
levvin

Post by levvin »

NOW IVE OPENED THE WORM CAN AGAIN!!

Just how i like it!:niceone:

i'm open to all options on another trike

and a big v6-v8 gives me the HORN!

But i dunno if its within my capabilities...:loco:

lev
levvin

Post by levvin »

The main things i need to learn about or think through are how to set up and build a rear axle for a big engined trike, i assume hardtails wouldnt be a good move with them? dunno....:loco:

And transplanting the electrics into a trike for a v6-v8, cos of sensors, computers 'n sh!t....:alkies:

like the thought of a vee-six mongrel twin, though!!!!:naughty:

le:dummy:v