DVLA bolt on question

Chat about Trikes
Syms
Part of the Furniture

Post by Syms »

The red one was the original plan as I've got the forks, tank etc.already but that would mean the dreaded msva. Is it really as bad as I'm led to believe? The dessert one is using an unaltered frame so I can gain my 8 points from the DVLA.

Sym.
pedd

Post by pedd »

Do the first and either dont tell then you raked it or rake it after the msva :) simples
Marc....Proud Rmmcc Member

R.i.P Brian (Mog).............missing you buddy
greyghost

Post by greyghost »

To me those forks don't look meaty enough,I can see them flexing,and the rear seat looks too bulky.Maybe it's all that red,then again it's not easy fitting a bench seat without it looking an after thought,which your design doesn't.:thumbsup:As I say,maybe it's just me.:snigger:
levvin

Post by levvin »

Yep, the red 'un fer me too.:cooldevil:

But the desert one would look good if ya wore a GERMAN HELMET with MUTTLEY goggles and comedy oversized horseriding trouser thingies....!!

lev
levvin

Post by levvin »

Syms wrote:The red one was the original plan as I've got the forks, tank etc.already but that would mean the dreaded msva. Is it really as bad as I'm led to believe? The dessert one is using an unaltered frame so I can gain my 8 points from the DVLA.

Sym.
As long as you do a SAFE job, with good welds and not thrown together using steel shelving dragged out of a skip,

then MSVA isnt any worse than an mot! Ask GTR trike...he's done loads!

lev
Syms
Part of the Furniture

Post by Syms »

To be honest I only tack weld then take it to a pro shop to zip it all up safely.

From what I've read with MSVA you don't have to MOT for 3 years so both methods seem to be of similar overall cost. So it's down to how difficult the test is, I suppose it's cutting through all old wives tales and visiting my local office for advice.

Girder forks do look spindley but due to their bracing are very strong, they also have the added advantage of reducing trail down to a couple of inches.

Cheers,
Sym.
Syms
Part of the Furniture

Post by Syms »

Well I've just had a quick read through the 2010 MSVA handbook and it all seems quite reasonable, I think I'll talk myself into the MSVA route after all.

Cheers,
Sym.
big nasty
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by big nasty »

good man . ye know it makes sense .
what price justice...... ?

is silence really golden ?
gtr-trike
Part of the Furniture

Post by gtr-trike »

if you can print the lot off "at work" :) as thats free LOL

then go through and bin everything you dont need

or if your cleveryou could just make a note of the relevant pages in the .pdf and print them, its actually only a very few pages required

its piss simple, only thing I have hung up on twice now is noise level, but get it as quiet as humanly possible, then change it after the test if you have to, I couldnt get mine to run right with theopen filters and quiet exhaust, in the end we decided that most fo the noise on my trike is induction, the filters are noisier than the exhaust when you open it up LOL
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, then hit them with it :caveman:
levvin

Post by levvin »

gtr-trike wrote:the filters are noisier than the exhaust when you open it up LOL

:respek::drool::drool: !!!

lev