Boom dummy tank

Looking to Customise your trike? See this section for ideas 'where to' and how.
rowfab
Part of the Furniture

Boom dummy tank

Post by rowfab »

My Boom Lowrider dummy tank is in the moulders for modification. I'm having it done without the centre mounted instrument cluster in it. Also the indents for the Boom badges are being filled in. I'm trying to remove all references to Boom due to the apalling service I got from the UK dealers. Nothing wrong with a Boom, its the dealer that is a pile o shite. I'll have the alloy Boom rocker covers up for sale if anyone is interested.
AngeloftheAbyss
Part of the Furniture

Re: Boom dummy tank

Post by AngeloftheAbyss »

He's really p***ed you off, you should park it outside the dealership when it's finished, he'll go off like a frog in a sock. :hissyfit: :thumbsup: :respek:
Freedom has a price, the cost is buried in the ground :nono:
rowfab
Part of the Furniture

Post by rowfab »

AngeloftheAbyss wrote:He's really p***ed you off, you should park it outside the dealership when it's finished, he'll go off like a frog in a sock. :hissyfit: :thumbsup: :respek:
I don't think they would be arsed to even look at it. Plus not worth the petrol to take it up there. Would love to see someone build a replica, there's body and mudguard copies available plus the dummy tank now. Rising rate front end would be expensive to reproduce but not impossible. Main frame is straightforward unlike a Rewaco. Food for thought !!
Herby01
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by Herby01 »

You know, I'd have thought that the parent company in Germany would have got wind of the way the UK branch operate and set them straight or pulled the plug, but no! Maybe the parent company are the same? I don't understand it myself as Boom, Rewaco and I think Wolf all started out working from the same barn in Germany yet Rewaco bend over backwards to help and Boom don't give a dam! It's little (or big) things like this that make or break a company and customer service should be top priority! :soap: can't get my head round it :poke:
:loco: :crazy: :rotfl: :b :woot: :killing me: :rant: :drink: :shemademe:
rowfab
Part of the Furniture

Post by rowfab »

Herby01 wrote:You know, I'd have thought that the parent company in Germany would have got wind of the way the UK branch operate and set them straight or pulled the plug, but no! Maybe the parent company are the same? I don't understand it myself as Boom, Rewaco and I think Wolf all started out working from the same barn in Germany yet Rewaco bend over backwards to help and Boom don't give a dam! It's little (or big) things like this that make or break a company and customer service should be top priority! :soap: can't get my head round it :poke:
Agree, such a shame because the Boom really is a top class trike. After sorting out a couple of problems I am over the moon with mine and would thoroughly recommend anyone to get one just as long as they don't have to rely on Boom UK.
rowfab
Part of the Furniture

Post by rowfab »

My opinion of Boom UK was firmly founded on two e mails I received concerning a technical enquiry about removing a starter motor on a Boom. (Incidentally its a piece of piss) The first reply suggested I refer to a Haines manual for a Beetle the second reply was that the firm were too busy to offer technical advice and that if I wasn't capable of working on the trike I should take it into a garage.
I don't know exactly how or what Boom Uk does apart from selling the trikes. I would have thought they have a franchise with the factory and are sole agents. The factory wouldn't be particularly interested in complaints so long as the trikes are selling in sufficient numbers. Someone buying a brand new Boom is theoretically not in the do it yourself league as we are. Would be nice to see someone with a lump of capital set up a manufacturing, selling, and service/repair facility producing quality machines along the same lines as Boom and Rewaco. I know of one private individual who has built a very similar looking trike to a Boom. This machine is for private 'consumption' only unfortunately. ( I supplied some parts for it)
AngeloftheAbyss
Part of the Furniture

After the trouble I had with the mudguard I got in touch with Boom Germany, when they found out I was in the UK they said they were unable to help as they had a dealer who handles all their UK customers, apparently it's part of the dealership rules. What a p***er :hissyfit:
AngeloftheAbyss
Part of the Furniture

The German company were quite helpful via email, pointing me in other directions. I do believe if they could have done more for me they would have. :respek: The guy I emailed was Ingo Schnirch. :thumbsup:
rowfab
Part of the Furniture

Post by rowfab »

AngeloftheAbyss wrote:After the trouble I had with the mudguard I got in touch with Boom Germany, when they found out I was in the UK they said they were unable to help as they had a dealer who handles all their UK customers, apparently it's part of the dealership rules. What a p***er :hissyfit:
What was up with the mudguard ?
AngeloftheAbyss
Part of the Furniture

I cracked the lugs that attach it tried to get a new one £250 :eek: fixed it myself :thumbsup: