back wheels

Looking to Customise your trike? See this section for ideas 'where to' and how.
kurt

back wheels

Post by kurt »

hi all. does anyone have any good sights where i can get some back wheels for my trike, it a robin reliant A type axle, i want to put wider wheels on it. thanks for the help.
firebob22
Part of the Furniture

Re: back wheels

Post by firebob22 »

Hi Kurt, Demon Tweeks auto site is a good place to have a look. Loads of different sizes, widths etc. Not too bad a price either. You could always find what you're looking for on there & then type in the name, size etc., & have a look on ebay.
Happy hunting! Bob. :thumbsup:
Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the restraints! :eek:
kurt

Post by kurt »

thanks Bob, thats a place to start. :thumbsup:
lepchaun
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by lepchaun »

if u want a wider choice of wheels for reliant u will need reliant axel adapters I have them on mine and I 205/50/15 multi spoke wheels
lepchaun

Post by lepchaun »

I actually have a spare set of these as I bought a full set of 4 off a car
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
firebob22
Part of the Furniture

Post by firebob22 »

I've got Team Dynamics mag wheels on mine, 205/70/15 tyres & you don't have to have wheel adaptors, they bolt straight on to Reliant axles. They look good being black with silver rim & accents. Just a thought. Bob. :beer:
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

firebob22 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:06 am I've got Team Dynamics mag wheels on mine, 205/70/15 tyres & you don't have to have wheel adaptors, they bolt straight on to Reliant axles. They look good being black with silver rim & accents. Just a thought. Bob. :beer:
im supprised that they fit correctly as the stud pattern is 4x4 on a reliant and no other car uses that pattern it stands a chance that your wheels are 4x 100 which as close but not right you can fit 12mm studs which gets it closer to a proper fit but still not right .what size wheels are you looking for what do you call wide mine has 10" rimes but i would not fit them to a reliant axle as they would put to much pressure on the axle :respek:
firebob22
Part of the Furniture

Post by firebob22 »

Well, there's a mystery! The wheels fit absolutely perfectly with the studs dead centre in the wheel. They've been on the trike since 2012 & have, as you can imagine, been on & off several times with no problems whatsoever. Perhaps the manufacturers of my wheels sponsored a Reliant racing team sometime in the distant past & made these mystical, fit nothing, improbable wheels for that specific purpose & I've got the only ones! Hoorah! what a result. Happy Christmas.
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

or you have the only reliant axle thats 4x100 as you said its a mystery
kurt

Post by kurt »

lepchaun wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:27 pm if u want a wider choice of wheels for reliant u will need reliant axel adapters I have them on mine and I 205/50/15 multi spoke wheels
[/quote

thanks lepchaun, im looking at adapters for it. :thumbsup: