2002 Harley Softail casava trike kit experience

Looking to Customise your trike? See this section for ideas 'where to' and how.
SteamGirl

2002 Harley Softail casava trike kit experience

Post by SteamGirl »

Arrrrrftannon all !

As per title really. My brother is thinning his heard and has given me first refusal on his 2002 Custom Classic Harley Softail bobber to convert to a trike. He’s letting me have it for a song under the promise I make it in to a decent trike and keep it, love it and look after it.

It is one of 10 Harley’s nicked by a biker gang back in the day and built in to unique custom chops. They were then recovered and registered as Custom Classics. We pretty much know where the other nine are but this would be the only Custom Classic trike in the world, so no pressure to get it right lol. It’s an Evo with 1640 jugs and 3” open primary along with lots of other trick bits. I’ve only got a couple of pics of her

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RtfZefLEe21KAZt6A

https://photos.app.goo.gl/C8zmGQN9h9VF6Bhc9

Anyhoo, I’m thinking of using a casava belt rear end IRS and wonder if anyone has any experience of fitting one to a Softail and what they thought ? I would love a Frankenstein kit but A, it would have to be shipped from America and B, I always feel that the back end always looks too narrow on them.

If I did go with casava then at least I would get it VAT free as I’m registered disabled.

Or if anyone knows of other trike kits for a Softail that would be worth a look at ?

Thanks gang, Steph :thumbsup:
Overcoming little hurdles everyday :handlebars:
old git
Part of the Furniture

Re: 2002 Harley Softail casava trike kit experience

Post by old git »

when i started my trike build i found a company in cardiff doing this typ of kit but cant remember there name but should be easy to find
Ghoulie
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by Ghoulie »

SteamGirl

Post by SteamGirl »

Thanks guys, I can’t find any kits for sale on their website though, I think they maybe just do conversions ?

I’m wanting to do the build myself but struggling to find the parts or kit I need in the UK for a big twin Softail.

I’ve got some more pics and a couple of vids from my brother of the bike, here’s the link

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tbhnrnHgUdRBVU3L9

Take care, Steph
Deep Diver
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by Deep Diver »

The trike shop were doing kits years ago. Best is check with them. I know they do their own one piece axle as I looked at it when I was thinking of converting one of my bikes
I tried to be normal once, worst two minutes of my life.

Barry the cantankerous old goat. :poke:
SteamGirl

Post by SteamGirl »

Thanks Barry, I will send them an email :thumbsup:
SteamGirl

Post by SteamGirl »

Thanks Barry, I will send them an email :thumbsup:
old git
Part of the Furniture

Post by old git »

just got off the phone with them and you are correct they no longer sell kits only do builds.
SteamGirl

Post by SteamGirl »

old git wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:51 pm just got off the phone with them and you are correct they no longer sell kits only do builds.
That’s great, thanks for passing that on
Andy from Sandy
Part of the Furniture

Post by Andy from Sandy »

The casarva kit is actually very good apart from having to deal with the boss man. For some reason asking him technical questions winds him as he isn't an engineer. If possible you need to get access to someone in the workshop.

With the casarva kit you will need to fabricate the fitting points that will hold the main cradle to the bike frame. This is usually at 4 points on the bike. It is technical and requires precision to get the cradle square and centred to the bike frame.

To stay with belt drive requires the rear belt pulley to be modified. Casarva do that if you send it to them.