Forward controls for XS1100 hardtail

Looking to Customise your trike? See this section for ideas 'where to' and how.
levvin

Forward controls for XS1100 hardtail

Post by levvin »

ME 'GEN! :naughty:

Have any of you XS1100 bike derived trike builders fitted forward controls to your rides?

I'd like to know if its possible with XS1100 frame, and if its even practical to attempt it.

I used to have forward controls on a hardly 1200 i used to chug around on, and liked the riding position, and the sparrows that get blown up yer jeans legs!:trike:

Are there any kits that'll do the job, or am i best gettin some machined?

i've found a guy on E-bay who builds stainless ones for any bike/trike/chop,
Dick at allystainengineering@yahoo.co.uk,

this guys products rock, but i'd like to know if theyd be 'right' on XS1100 framed hardtail trike, or wether would make riding position impractical.

cheers guyz!!:niceone:

Easy now!:thumbsup:
redartyfarty

Post by redartyfarty »

Hey levvin!

You're getting through some stuff with yer trike matey! :thumbsup: I think that only you will know if forward controls will be right for your ride - after all it's your arse thats gonna be sittin on it! ;) I aint seen any specific to your machine but as you say there are places around that can make some for you custom like - could they do some sort of mock up first for yer? I know they will probably charge for them but usually knock that off the finished article if you decided to have 'em made.

Let us know the outcome!
levvin

Post by levvin »

Respect,bro! :respek:

i'm pretty good at welding and fabricating, so im gonna take your suggestion and make up a set of dummy forwards to bolt on to for'ard engine mounts, and see if riding position will be comfortable or look like a ten year old car thief!!

yeah, i'm doin loads on trike! :drool:

bought it recently as a nearly done project, but as in photos i posted on new members, even though matey has done a sound job so far, i'm used to MEAN lookin streetfighters and chops, so i want to totally strip this baby down to bolts, and re build her with alterations to my own spec.

i've already e-bayed loads, pair of nice fat kwakka zx end cans,stunning extended custom flame airbrushed fatbob tanks (so nice i've chosen to re think my new colours to re-spray the whole frame and fenders etc to match the deep metallic blue the tanks are in!) twin bates headlamps, chrome intruder sissy bar with rack, lifted pull-back 'T' drag bars...so far!!

lookin for alloy slab yokes to fit xs1100 front end and maybe forward controls.

I know ive gone balls-out to strip and rebuild this trike, but as in my other posts, Zoe, my dearly beloved, is an MS sufferer, and i really want to make sure that this summer is extra special for her....by getting out on a b(tr)ike again.

We plan joinin NABD and goin to the NABD 20 year bash in may, but we will have to use the car coz i doubt i'll have msva by then.

Easy now!:thumbsup: