Import Duty

Looking to Customise your trike? See this section for ideas 'where to' and how.
levvin

Post by levvin »

not that a helmet would have stopped a 3 ton transit van from ploughing through his peugeot 106 at 70mph.....

just feel better wearing a lid after that.

realised how fragile yer body really is!

lev:respek:
Dr Death

Post by Dr Death »

I must admit to having a degree of mechanacical destruction on the old bod miself.....

I have two helmets.....

One of which I wear on motorways the other I never wear at all.(DOT)

Everytime I get on the thing I think about a helmet for the ride to work...then I see a shiny bit and buy that instead....

I'm tempting fate...shut up DD:kilt:
There are things out there that scare even me
redartyfarty

Post by redartyfarty »

Think we're all the same. I use a proper helmet on longer journeys but rarely bother when I'm just going around the block! :o - It must be in my head that I can't hurt myself on short journeys! :dummy:
redartyfarty

Post by redartyfarty »

Oh! And what I really wanted to say was do your homework very carefully - hidden costs are a real killer!! The revenue just don't understand us! :finger:
BorgCymru
Part of the Furniture

Post by BorgCymru »

Putting 'gift' on it doesn't mean you won't be charged if they decide to open it and see what it is.
greyghost

Post by greyghost »

Know what you mean Red,a helmet doesn't seem necessary around town,even though I know the roads are no softer.:loco:
grumpygramps-2007
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by grumpygramps-2007 »

when i,am riding my bike i of course always wear a lid, but when my trike is on the road i,ll wear one then. i,am more worried about the rubbish thats thrown up by truck wheels.:respek:
levvin

on a serious note

Post by levvin »

Youre so right dude,

I used to be a complete ARSE regards wearing a seatbelt,

been a biker for years, just forgot to belt up all the time, felt uncomfortable wearing a belt,

and hated HAVING to wear a lid cos the government said you had to.

Always thought it was SO cool when we got to rallies and could ride around field with the wind in our bald patches....

Then in feb 2000, driving to work early morning, i saw a copper car in an approaching layby,

SOO on went the seatbelt sharpish!

'phew! thought I, smugly pleased that i'd outwitted the plod in his panda....

Less than two miles further down the carrigeway, my transit was overtaken by a bunch of joyriding theiving bastards, on a blind bend.

they caused a guy driving to work the opposite carrigeway to swerve violently, and cause another vehicle to totally lose control and cut straight accross my path, at 70mph...

I was revived by paramedics, still in the transit drivers seat, still seatbelted, but in the back with my tools...

with fractures to my neck, lower spine, skull and shattered right lower leg.

as said previously, the guy in the other car was killed in a horriffic fashion.

I still sheepishly (no pun this time!) thank that copper in the layby...

And never, ever travel without a seatbelt nowdays.

Same goes for helmets.

lev:biker:
levvin

food for thought

Post by levvin »

And just to add to this topic, even though its deviated from the original one,

A biking mate'o'mine a good few years back,

on an evening of beer and mickey taking,

decided to show off his skills of surfing the more dubious websites,

and dug up one called 'rotten dot com'. (wrote it like that as i'm NOT going to be responsible for linking it!)

this was full of really disgusting photos, mainly of terrible deaths.

one really shocked me regards my helmet thoughts,

A chinese chap, riding a little 100cc honda, had been parked at a junction waiting to pull out, when he was side swiped by a small car.

he wasnt wearing a helmet

the photos showed that his head had hit the ground, (he was STATIONARY remember!)

and his entire brain was in one piece, but was sat on the road 12" away from his shattered skull.

sobering.

dont have to be racing like an idiot, cruising the M ways, or even popping out for fags....

Lev
Dr Death

Post by Dr Death »

Got on the trike Friday am after driving to Exeter and back the previous day.....reached over my right shoulder????
There are things out there that scare even me