brake conversion issue

Looking to Customise your trike? See this section for ideas 'where to' and how.
nobby355

the nobster

Post by nobby355 »

Guys it done!!!!! and believe it or not if frikkin works:alkies:

just one thing though.....I took the clutch out, on day one, to see if anything was damaged there first but it wasn't. now I may be a gentleman's sausage but I've been a motor engineer for about 40 years (it could be I'm too old for this type of work) now the trike seems to have a bit of clutch slip. I've never dealt with wet clutches before and intend to top up the oil level today so my question is would a below normal oil level cause this?

you've all been great before so let me know what you think.

:thumbsup:
:england:
levvin

Post by levvin »

nobby355 wrote:Guys

Nearly a there, got the off side done, fabricators done a great job, calipers on only brake pipes to sort now. One question...do I need to have flexi pipes to calipers, the axle is rigid, I.e. suspension is on the sub frame and not axle?

Cheers:respek:
Yes, it would be sensible to have flexis if youve got suspension.

Lev
levvin

Post by levvin »

nobby355 wrote:Guys it done!!!!! and believe it or not if frikkin works:alkies:

just one thing though.....I took the clutch out, on day one, to see if anything was damaged there first but it wasn't. now I may be a gentleman's sausage but I've been a motor engineer for about 40 years (it could be I'm too old for this type of work) now the trike seems to have a bit of clutch slip. I've never dealt with wet clutches before and intend to top up the oil level today so my question is would a below normal oil level cause this?

you've all been great before so let me know what you think.

:thumbsup:
What bike is it again??

If oil level is low, it wont cause clutch slip, it can cause drag.

Try adjusting the clutch cable by giving more slack...and also adjust the clutch itself...some have an adjustment screw in the centre.

you could change the clutch springs..if theyre old, theyll be weak, and a set of heavy duties are cheap.

Also, if the bike hasnt run for a while, you could strip the clutch completely, de glaze the friction plates, and reassemble it. they can stick together if idle.

Lev
nobby355

clutch issue

Post by nobby355 »

hi lev

thanks for the reply. it's a kwak voyager 1200. it is a hydraulic clutch so no adjustment as I can see also nothing on the clutch itself so I'm a little lost. also it was fine before I had all this trouble i.e. drive shaft broke and brake conversion etc.
nobby355

wedding

Post by nobby355 »

Lev

how did the wedding go?suitably pissed I hope?
levvin

Post by levvin »

nobby355 wrote:Lev

how did the wedding go?suitably pissed I hope?
oooooooh yess!!:alkies:

Had to dress as a penguin, but soon got out of that and back into my 'going out' wear of black jeans, black tee shirt, black leather waistcoat without patches, and shitkicker boots..!

was worth looking like dany devito to stand in fer my 'ol man god bless his soul, and give my lil' sis away..!

Lev:respek:
levvin

Post by levvin »

nobby355 wrote:hi lev

thanks for the reply. it's a kwak voyager 1200. it is a hydraulic clutch so no adjustment as I can see also nothing on the clutch itself so I'm a little lost. also it was fine before I had all this trouble i.e. drive shaft broke and brake conversion etc.
EEEEEE...Drive shaft broke??

could a sudden lock-up have caused clutch damage? bent the layshaft?

is the clutch quiet on tickover? or does it sound like two skeletons having a wank in a biscuit tin??

Lev:cooldevil:
nobby355

Clutch

Post by nobby355 »

Hi guys

Sorted it ta....I'll not tell you what it was in fear of making myself look a twat. Been out on her today, and the trike, and she went like a good un. Happy again just waiting for the sun to shine:niceone:
NUTJOB
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Post by NUTJOB »

We all overlook the obvious ocasionally nobby so we,re all twats on here lol
I have enough money to last me the rest of my life.
(unless I buy something) :loco:
nobby355

Twats

Post by nobby355 »

Thanks for your support. I'll return it later:niceone: