vw trike swap for bike based trike

Something you would like to Swap, or even give it away free?
Post it here.....
Herby01
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: vw trike swap for bike based trike

Post by Herby01 »

Just an idea really, might be stupid but worth a try, turn the risers round which would move the bars forward about 4 inches :thumbsup:
:loco: :crazy: :rotfl: :b :woot: :killing me: :rant: :drink: :shemademe:
Manwhore
Part of the Furniture

Post by Manwhore »

Herby01 wrote:Honestly, change the bars or at least change the risers to straight ones without pullback, play with the angles of the bars until your comfy! Don't sell it, but if you do its gotta be in the region of £4K at least.
don't think it's worth that . Reason I say that is the engine and box are in real need of a good clean up ,the tin wear is rusty and generally not very good looking at all . I havn't touched it as I wanted to be sure it was a solid lump and touching wood is .As you can't see much of the engine I have left it as a workhorse not something to look at .. If the engine was all pretty then I would tend to agree re price ..That said I would probably get 4k in summer ..

Re the bars , it's not really just the bars ,it's the overall feeling on not quite being comfy , my shoulders are ficked and I could really do with being sat more upright .I could make slightly better by getting bars without a pullback on the hand grip section I suppose . I was never after a dub tbh ,it came up at too good a price and is just part of my working up the ladder ..
Herby01

Post by Herby01 »

The only thing I'd worry about in the engine department would be does it have any tappet noise and is there excessive end float on the crankshaft? If their ok then I'd say it just cosmetic and nothing to worry about!
As for the riding position, playing about with the bars does make a difference, moving them up or forward would encourage you to sit more upright. Have a go before you make any hasty decision :thumbsup:
Manwhore
Part of the Furniture

Post by Manwhore »

Mate sent me some T bars and wow , what a difference . had them on today and went for a ride and its night and day , I could ride all day with these T bars fitted , need to take em off now and spray as they are a bit worse for wear in the paint department but im very happy with them ..
1130cc
Twiddler of Forum Buttons and Levers.

Post by 1130cc »

Excellent news.
Glad it has become a keeper. You put enough design/work into getting it to where it is now :)
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

Happy for you mate bet your glad you tried something different once you start riding you probly find other things that need changing or tweaking to get it just right I've got some things I need to change and some that will make it nicer to ride keep at it and get it right for you and enjoy
Herby01

Post by Herby01 »

Really pleased for you. You see what we were saying? Makes a hell of a difference changing the bars :thumbsup:
mrhutch

Post by mrhutch »

+1

I played with loads of bars and seat positions.. still not 100% there but it does make night and day difference
swirl

Post by swirl »

Excellent you have put a lot of time and effort in to this one
Manwhore
Part of the Furniture

Post by Manwhore »

all the seat pans have gone , I took the front off first last year which sat me much lower which helped and is surprisingly comfy without the seat , I took the rear off as it felt like you were perched on top of the trike and I wouldn't of liked to of been a passenger , took that off and now you sit "in" the body .

So that's everything done apart from new throttle cable and handbrake cables, they are fine just something I want to change as they are a bit tatty then it's all done apart from any cosmetics I decide to do .here it is to date minus the new bars ..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.