Reliant Axle Wanted

Something you would like to Swap, or even give it away free?
Post it here.....
John1804

Reliant Axle Wanted

Post by John1804 »

I am after a Reliant Axle from a 1985 + Robin, Rialto, or Kitten to fit to a Goldwing 1500 backend!
I have been ripped off and had real problems trying to get it sorted, so I need some help trying to find a proper axle to try to get it doing more that 50 MPH!!!!!
lepchaun
Moved in and now we can't get rid

Re: Reliant Axle Wanted

Post by lepchaun »

if u can find a b stamp its the best for the 1500 mine will do a ton easley but there getting scarce now
gorbee01279

Post by gorbee01279 »

Iv'e got a B axle that I have shortened & converted to chain drive, all new cylinders, shoes, bearings, adjusters,handbrake lever arms all mini classic stuff, freshly painted, stands me in £200.00 though don't think it will be any good to you as you are shaft drive I assume, but hey worth a shout. Was going to use on my next project but this one is taking longer than I thought.
The older i get the earlier it seems to get late.
Willgofar

Post by Willgofar »

I hope you saved he crown and pinion gears. They can be retro-fitted to an A axle to increase the gearing.
Last edited by Willgofar on Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willgofar

Post by Willgofar »

gorbee0127 wrote:Iv'e got a B axle that I have shortened & converted to chain drive, all new cylinders, shoes, bearings, adjusters,handbrake lever arms all mini classic stuff, freshly painted, stands me in £200.00 though don't think it will be any good to you as you are shaft drive I assume, but hey worth a shout. Was going to use on my next project but this one is taking longer than I thought.

I hope you saved he crown and pinion gears. They can be retro-fitted to an A axle to increase the gearing.
gorbee01279

Post by gorbee01279 »

There in the shed somewhere. :o
The older i get the earlier it seems to get late.
jinjachin

Post by jinjachin »

I was told the a axel is right for my 1100 not sure what I've got till I strip it I'll have to go with wheel size if possible to sort it if it wrong or if the a axel is correct
sprocky

Post by sprocky »

jinjachin wrote:I was told the a axel is right for my 1100 not sure what I've got till I strip it I'll have to go with wheel size if possible to sort it if it wrong or if the a axel is correct
wheel size tyre size best way to go jinj :thumbsup:
swirl

Post by swirl »

that's the thing, people go on about the B diff (2.78-1) being the best, if you have got an A axle (3.23-1) just change your wheel and tyre size to suit, simples, there are loads of diff calculators on line